Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: album only visible by 2 users  (Read 3365 times)

Ciccio

• Coppermine newbie
album only visible by 2 users
« on: March 08, 2005, 01:18:22 pm »

Hi,

I want to do the following,

I have a user 'a' which wants to create a personl album where he can add pictures to and look at them, but he wants that only user b has permissions to look at that album and no other user.

How do I do that

It might be already in the forum but it is getting extremely big to search in.

thanks

ciccio
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 10:12:50 am by GauGau »
"Several billion trillion tons of superhot exploding hydrogen nuclei rose slowly above the horizon and managed to look small, cold and slightly damp."

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: album unly vivisble by 2 users
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 02:57:17 pm »

you can not assign permissions in coppermine by user, but only by group membership. To solve this issue, create a group named "xyz", then make both user A and user B member of this group and finally assign the album in question the properties to be only viewable by group "xyz".

Joachim

Ciccio

• Coppermine newbie
Re: album only visible by 2 users
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 07:22:32 pm »

Sorry if i don't understand it, but somehow i don't get it.

I made two users, lets say john and betty, and john wants an album that only betty can see and nobody else and betty can not add to johns album.

So i did what you said and added john and betty to the group xyz.  I made john a personal album, but when i tried to change the properties of the album and put it on only viewable by xyz, i didn't find it.  I tried it this way ... went into admin mode for john, clicked on album properties but somehow i didn't find that option that only xyz can see it.  Is that on the correct place, or should i look somewhere else?

ciccio
"Several billion trillion tons of superhot exploding hydrogen nuclei rose slowly above the horizon and managed to look small, cold and slightly damp."

Ciccio

• Coppermine newbie
Re: album only visible by 2 users
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 11:50:16 pm »

problem solved by looking at http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=13668.0

thanks, this is way to cool this program
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.