Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Rainy Day" upload.php text table color too dark  (Read 5781 times)

Kiltedwolf

• Coppermine newbie
"Rainy Day" upload.php text table color too dark
« on: March 06, 2005, 04:26:16 pm »

I've been trying to fix the table color in this theme for the page "upload.php" because if you look at it, the cell with the instructions text can't be read because it's black text on a very dark background. I used the styleguide to figure that the bit that needs changed should be the .maintable setting in the css. I changed this settings background value to c2c9d3 which did....exactly nothing.

I'm not sure if maybe the theme somehow is broke and it's ignoring the color setting in the CSS or what. Is there somethig in the theme.php file for this theme that breaks it? I noticed that the other background values in this theme's css was simply referred to as "background" where as the background value in ".maintable" is "background-color". Perhaps that is why and it is simply ignoring the setting? Any help here? Thanks.

PS: It might be good if you guys could get the styleguide to work in Firefox/Mozilla or at least it didn't work for me. I had to use IE.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 04:14:55 am by donnoman »

Kiltedwolf

• Coppermine newbie
Re: "Rainy Day" upload.php text table color too dark
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 04:32:47 pm »

No. Just tried changing "background-color" to "background" and that didn't work either. Hurrumph...

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 06:57:40 pm »

I had fixed this some time back in the development version.

modify your style.css to match this for the .maintable entry

Code: [Select]
.maintable {
        border: 1px solid #DEDEDE;
/*        background-color: #bdbebd; */
        background-color:#c2c9d3;
        margin-top: 1px;
        margin-bottom: 1px;
}

Check out the developement toolbar for firefox it does everything styleguide does and more, with ANY html.

Internet Explorer:
Web Accessibility Toolbar (Creative Commons License)

Mozilla Firefox:
Web Developer Extension (GPL)

Kiltedwolf

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 08:58:02 pm »

I had fixed this some time back in the development version.

modify your style.css to match this for the .maintable entry

Code: [Select]
.maintable {
        border: 1px solid #DEDEDE;
/*        background-color: #bdbebd; */
        background-color:#c2c9d3;
        margin-top: 1px;
        margin-bottom: 1px;
}

Yup, well that is what I've already done and it's not working and I don't understand why. I've even gone so far as to copy/paste exactly what you have here and check in multiple browsers (IE and Firefox) and also verify that the file was rewritten on the server. No go. Are you sure there isn't something else  to tweak because this sure has me baffled...

???

Thanks.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 09:05:16 pm »

It worked on my version of rainy_day, have you modified rainy_day in any other way, particularly by modifying the template.html?

Can you post a link to your site, so I can check it out first hand?

Kiltedwolf

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 02:38:55 am »

OK, I fixed it. I was following the suggested testing directions and renaming a new copy of the theme folder and uploading the whole new folder and selecting it from the list. I take it that there is stuff that the theme still looks for in the old theme folder and since the .css in the new folder wasn't being accessed it wasn't working.

Did I miss those directions or was that not explicit enough in the directions? When I backed up the old .css file and put in the new one in the original theme folder, it worked like a charm. You guys might want to make that very noticable in your directions so people don't miss that unless it is in there in which case I'm just a dummy.  :D Thanks for your help and thanks for the info on the dev toolbar for Firefox. ;D

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 04:14:36 am »

there's a few places theme names get hardcoded into a theme. #1 the css in template.html is one of them as you found out.

And it's hardcoded a bunch of times in theme.php, best way to find it is with a search and replace in each.

Glad you got your theme working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.