Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: keep being logged off when trying to apply changes in admin  (Read 4721 times)

innerflash

• Coppermine newbie
    • InnerFlash Design - Web and Graphic Design by Wallace Rodrigues
keep being logged off when trying to apply changes in admin
« on: March 05, 2005, 09:48:52 pm »

I installed the gallery from cPanel, (fantastico scripts) into a subdomain, serversided. Can't create another user for testing purposes either. The message that comes is: "You don't have permission to access this page". Quite odd because I'm the only user registered, as an administrator - of course...

I'm sorry I can't create an user, for there's no way for someone here to run tests with admin priviledges. I couldn't allow the registration of new users either.

What is the bug with the gallery in subdomains?

Appreciate some feedback...

Cheers,
InnerFlash
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 04:34:35 pm by GauGau »
Give me a hint and I might give you a clue...

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: keep being logged off when trying to apply changes in admin
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 09:55:38 pm »

Please try installing it manually. Fantastico builds have changes we don't know about so we can't support them. What you can do is download the files from our site, and read the instructions on doing an upgrade.

My own gallery is run on a subdomain with no issues.

But, are you using a bridged or stand-alone gallery?

innerflash

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 10:16:20 pm »

Hey TranzNDance, well, that was fast.

I will give you my access, with the hope I can change the password after we have solved the problem.

http://galeria.innerflash.net

user: wallace
pass: viirendra

Cheers,
Wallace

innerflash

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 10:18:43 pm »

In the meantime I will also try to install it manually.

innerflash

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 01:20:15 am »

Hi there,

I tried to do a fresh install by deleting the includes/install.lock file and pointing at install.php in the root folder. The MySQL went fine through my phpMyAdmin and the installation was completed. Then I had to reset the cookie with a script provided somewhere in this forum (think by "GeeGee") and then I could log in just great.

But when I started to click everywhere, I was told either that "You don't have permission to perform this operation" or that "You don't have permission to access this page".

What's REALLY ODD is that I kept login in everytime and sometimes I was able to create albums, upload pictures (only one, though) and register myself as a new user. I was also able to enable new users without email notification. The whole thing was really random, but most times I get logged of as if I was never logged in. I mean, if I am logged in as a registered user and I see a link to upload files, I assume that means I am able to do it, ins't it? I would expect the same when logged as admin.

Again, the website is at: http://galeria.innerflash.net

user (registered): mememe
pass: ememem

I like the look and the promise of this gallery, but am I supposed to give up and go for another gallery? I hope not.

Please have a look. Cheers,
Wallace
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 01:35:04 am by TranzNDance »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 01:41:57 am »

I am guessing you have high security settings in the browser or security software that is interfering with the function of the cookie. What are your settings like? I was able to log into the account and do admin stuff with no problems. I just looked at config and uploaded a test file.

Might you be using aol?

You really should not post your admin login in a public place. You don't know who will come across it. I have removed the login information in your post. Make sure to change the password soon.

innerflash

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 02:06:39 am »

Hey you again...

Thanks for the support.

I loosen up my cookies tolerance to maximum (accepting every cookie from every site). I went to the site and tried to upload a file with no success. I actually get to the second dialog and whenever I click "continue" again I am brought to an error page "You don't have permission to perform this operation." am get completely logged out. This time I even unistalled my firewall before trying. I'm not using any other software I think could affect security.

That info was only for you to read, and you were very fast in replying - again  ;) . That was my hesitation in my first posting.

I don't know... I'm used to installing all kinds of stuff, but this one is bugging me. I'm just affraid there's something in my own system preventing me from making the breakthrough.

If you don't have other idea, I can tell that I appreciated your support anyway.

PS: it can sound weird, I don't know if it's an issue with people upgrading to Firefox 1.0.1, but since I upgraded it I haven't been able to use Firefox at all. IE is working just fine. (I hate to use it!). Tha's the only strange internet related issue I can think about...

Cheers,
Wallace

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 02:27:08 am »

I am running FF 1.0.1 and that was what I used to test your gallery. Maybe you need to uninstall it and install again.

innerflash

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 01:49:12 pm »

Hey there,

Thank you very much for your support, it was very nice to get quick responses.

I found out what the problem was, and that was completely unrelated to the Coppermine Gallery. The problem was a previous uninstall of Zone Alarm Pro that was incomplete for some reason and left its True Vector Service running in the background (a bad piece of software that only eats resources from you CPU and RAM). It's name is "vsmon.exe" and after visiting many forums I found out that many people that has never installed a copy of ZA found it running in their Task Manager. I had to reboot to be able to stop it, and once I did everything worked just great.

Now I have to find out a way to take it away from my system...

Thanks again,
Wallace
 ;D ;D ;D

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 01:59:07 pm »

I'm glad you figured it out. Thanks for coming back to share the solution so that others may benefit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.