Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why bother logging in?  (Read 5099 times)

John A.

• Coppermine newbie
Why bother logging in?
« on: September 29, 2003, 02:56:27 pm »

After two harrowing days configuring this script, everything now seems to be working fine EXCEPT:

The Upload Picture link on the main screen is active immediately the page is called. It takes me to the upload page where I can successfully upload.  I have not yet logged in!
Several times I  removed all cookies from my local drive, but no change next time page is called from scratch.
Should I assume a cookie is placed when page called, the script recognises me and activates the Upload link immediately for me as a registered user? In this case there would be no need for a Login link, just a Register link!?

John A.

Zarsky

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Zerr Family Website
Why bother logging in?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 04:04:44 pm »

John,

Can you please post a link to your gallery....I have never witnessed this behaviour before.
Read the Online DOCs, FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.

John A.

• Coppermine newbie
re. Why bother...?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 02:45:38 am »

Sorry Zarsky, to trouble you with that one. In the fog of yesterday I simply hadn't denied upload to the Annonymous group.
That's probably because the install notes tell you to set up using the Annonymous group and I had never changed it.
As I said before, what this program needs is a really clear set-up file so people can avoid the configuration morasse I went through.
Thanks for your rapid response.
Sincerely,  John A.  (Toronto, Canada)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.