Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to code my directory as writable just for me?  (Read 3427 times)

criscollrj

• Coppermine newbie
How to code my directory as writable just for me?
« on: March 04, 2005, 02:18:20 pm »

I believe I am an administrator.  (I am a newbie to this).  I did finally get my pictures to load when I changed my directory to be writable by all, but I don't really want it to stay like that.  I wanted it to just be writable by me.  But I can only get my pictures to load when I have it coded as read, write and execute by owner, group, and all users.  I am not leaving that way as I want a more private picture area.  So do I just have to change every time I want to load pictures and then change it back???

I appreciate any help -- I am completely new to Coppermine and Fantastico and not even that well versed in FTP!!  I am using an evaluation copy of Cute FTP and also can get to FTP on my internet explorer

Photo site:  www.criscollrj.com/photos

THANKS!

dori
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 09:49:24 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How to code my directory as writable just for me?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 04:07:58 pm »

leave the CHMOD settings alone - they have to remain as they are right now - this is not related to who can actually view your site. Use the built-in permissions control within coppermine instead (groups membership of users and album properties). Read the details in the documentation that comes with coppermine.

Joachim

P.S. You posted this in "General discussion (no support!)" - do the words "no support" mean nothing to you? You actually expect an answer, so you are looking for support! I moved this thread to the support board that deals with your version of coppermine. Next time, post in the proper support board in the first place please.

criscollrj

• Coppermine newbie
Re: How to code my directory as writable just for me?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 03:59:43 pm »

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.