Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dinstinct "Use dimension" flags for *thumbs* and *resized* pictures  (Read 2819 times)

stephdeluxe

• Coppermine newbie

I wish the "Files and thumbnails settings" in the config pannel featured  2 distinct "Use dimension" select box for thumbs and resized pictures.

Indeed, "thumb_use" is applied to both thumbs and resized (aka "normal") pictures which just doesn't work for me.

A quickfix I found line 176 in util.php is :

Code: [Select]
// if (resize_image($image, $normal, $CONFIG['picture_width'], $CONFIG['thumb_method'], $CONFIG['thumb_use'])) {
if (resize_image($image, $normal, $CONFIG['picture_width'], $CONFIG['thumb_method'], "wd")) {

Does the "Admin Tools" trick for me. i'd need to edit all the "resize_image" calls though. i hope this still helps.

- steph

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Dinstinct "Use dimension" flags for *thumbs* and *resized* pictures
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 08:27:20 pm »

Your fix means a user can't select width, height, or max aspect.  They would be stuck with width.  I don't see any reason to have two different resize options when one does the job.  Does it make sense to allow a thumbnail to be resized according to width, but the intermediate image resized according to height?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.