Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dinstinct "Use dimension" flags for *thumbs* and *resized* pictures  (Read 2840 times)

stephdeluxe

• Coppermine newbie

I wish the "Files and thumbnails settings" in the config pannel featured  2 distinct "Use dimension" select box for thumbs and resized pictures.

Indeed, "thumb_use" is applied to both thumbs and resized (aka "normal") pictures which just doesn't work for me.

A quickfix I found line 176 in util.php is :

Code: [Select]
// if (resize_image($image, $normal, $CONFIG['picture_width'], $CONFIG['thumb_method'], $CONFIG['thumb_use'])) {
if (resize_image($image, $normal, $CONFIG['picture_width'], $CONFIG['thumb_method'], "wd")) {

Does the "Admin Tools" trick for me. i'd need to edit all the "resize_image" calls though. i hope this still helps.

- steph

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Dinstinct "Use dimension" flags for *thumbs* and *resized* pictures
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 08:27:20 pm »

Your fix means a user can't select width, height, or max aspect.  They would be stuck with width.  I don't see any reason to have two different resize options when one does the job.  Does it make sense to allow a thumbnail to be resized according to width, but the intermediate image resized according to height?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.