Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting from PHP-Nuke 1.1 --> Standalone 1.1  (Read 19382 times)

ibnabouna

• Coppermine newbie
Converting from PHP-Nuke 1.1 --> Standalone 1.1
« on: November 12, 2003, 09:45:57 pm »

Hey everyone,

I recently moved our site's Coppermine photo album away from PHP-Nuke to the standalone version.

There were many database table issues that needed attention, such as different field names. I got through all of these fine using debug and myAdmin, but there is one problem I cannot shake, and it is the disappearing user galleries. We have about 20 user galleries from the PHP-Nuke version.

I looked at cpg11d_albums and noticed it was using a cat_id of "10003" and other similar numbers for each user album. However, in cpg11d_categories, there is only cat_id "1" for "user_galleries." There is no "10003," etc. So, I changed that cat_id from "10003" to "1" and the album showed up in the User Gallery.

However, in the box above, it still says, "No user galleries." I assume something is up with cpg11d_users, but I can't seem to find it.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 08:12:13 am »

this is hard to overcome, as user galleries are treated differently in the standalone and the phpnuke versions of the script. Hyperion introduced this issue lately on the dev board (can't be accessed by "regular" users) - I guess based on your posting.
We'll take care of this in future versions of coppermine, but at the moment I have no idea how to fix it with your current version. Sorry.

GauGau

ibnabouna

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 09:16:21 am »

Gaugau,

Let me see if I can help your development team here.

As you know, I ported over all tables from PHP-Nuke to the standalone version. There were about four fields that needed modification (the name field in PHP-Nuke, is called 'namee,' for some reason.) So, once you change the basic names, the two database seem to be perfectly compatible.

Once that is finished, we need a way to get Coppermine to recognize the pictures and the user galleries. I was able to get the pictures recognized by exporting the cpg11d_pictures table, changing the paths from PHP-Nuke paths to normal paths, and then reimporting it to the database. This cause the pics to show up. Yay.

But how to get the user galleries to show up? Well, I was under the mistaken impression that the user gallery information is stored in the database. However, it is actually stored on the drive itself. Coppermine for PHP-Nuke will rename each folder according to the user who uploads something to the folder.

Hence, /albums/userpics/100101 = photos uploaded by member #101 in PHP-Nuke.

Since you can't import cpg11d_users successfully into the standalone version (won't help,) I used pnCPG module in Postnuke to populate the standalone gallery with all of my old users from PHP-Nuke. If you wait a while, they will all visit.

Once they are in the standalone database, you can change the number of the user via phpMyAdmin. For example:

Joe
PHP-Nuke user #101
/albums/userpics/100101
Postnuke (and standalone) user #4.

Just copy over the 100101 dir to the standalone location and change "4" to "101" in the standalone database. Coppermine will automatically pick up the albums after that and all will be well.

It's complicated, I know, but this was all I could do at the moment.

GBU,
ps

we_scooter

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Converting from PHP-Nuke 1.1 --> Standalone 1.1
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 01:51:10 am »

???
 i want to do it from nuke 130 full version to 131 standalone version :)

any help !

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Converting from PHP-Nuke 1.1 --> Standalone 1.1
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 07:52:14 am »

you chose the wrong thread then. It has been sleeping for ages, and it refers to cpg1.1
Kegobeer adviced you to contact ibnabouna, not to reply here...

GauGau

P.S. Thread locked
« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 08:10:30 am by GauGau »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.