Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine with Subdomain  (Read 3221 times)

Gas

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine with Subdomain
« on: March 01, 2005, 05:23:58 pm »

Hi!

I have a problem with coppermine regarding the login:

I'm running coppermine from a subdomain. Unfortunately i have problems logging in when using the subdomain. The Auto-Login sometimes doesn't work, and logout has to be done twice. Sometimes - NOT always - i get the error message 'Warning your browser does not accept script's cookies'.

As i said, this problem doesn't appear every time i log in. I tried this on 3 different computers so I think this might be a cookie problem. When opening the gallery via domain.com/coppermine, it works. I made a test accout so that you can help me if you want.
You have to try it more that once in order to see the problem:

address: bilder.der-gas.de
account: testuser
password: test123

And I have another small question. I didn't want so start a new thread only for this simple thing:
I want to allow users ONLY upload pictures, no images or video. What do i have to fill in the corresponding fields in the admin panel? "all" is standard. do i have to set it to "none" or simply write nothing in the field?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Coppermine with Subdomain
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 08:32:01 am »

And I have another small question. I didn't want so start a new thread only for this simple thing:
But we have a "one question per thread" policy you agreed to respect when you signed up for your account here, so your second "small" question will be ignored (at least by me).
Subdomains can be tricky to set up, mostly because some webhosts don't set it up correctly in the first place server-sided. You have to understand that subdomains are still different domains.

Joachim

Gas

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Coppermine with Subdomain
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 11:06:27 am »

So what changes do i have to set up that the login works correctly.

The gallery is opened via Subdomain only. The link from my homepage also leads to my subdomain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.