Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Forum Skin as cpg theme  (Read 3124 times)

MajinMarko

• Coppermine newbie
Using Forum Skin as cpg theme
« on: February 27, 2005, 05:16:57 pm »

I've searched around as best as I could and I haven't been able to find anything useful for what I'm trying to do. Basically, I'd like to be able to make my gallery appear to be just another section on my forums. My question is if there is any easy way of doing this, because as I see it right now, I would have to modify the cpg theme according to the forum skin and include everything in order for it to look right. It seems like a really big job. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My gallery - http://www.anime-assassins.com/gallery/
My forums - http://www.anime-assassins.com/forums/

What I would like to achieve - http://projectzen.com/index.php

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
Re: Using Forum Skin as cpg theme
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 07:18:14 pm »

You need to do a customized skin for each one, that ends up matching.

MajinMarko

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 05:01:15 am »

So there really is no easy way of doing it? I'll have to build the coppermine theme from scratch pretty much and just pull everything off my forum templates. Well, thanks anyways.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 08:26:19 am »

no, there is no easier way, you can't use your forum's theme files to be used in coppermine directly, as the theming engines differ. You have to do this as suggested and build a coppermine theme that matches your bbs' theme. Using the ouput from your forum to create the core html for the coppermine theme is of course OK as first step, you just need to customize from that point on.

Joachim

cynikalsam

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 12:37:26 pm »

The easiest way is to find a theme that most closely suits your forum, then edit it by using CSS (assuming your forum uses css). Just add the CSS classes you want to use from your forum, into the style.css file. Then edit your template.html and theme.php files to use the new classes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.