Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search error: clicking results goes to wrong pictures!  (Read 2887 times)

busterjet

• Coppermine newbie
Search error: clicking results goes to wrong pictures!
« on: February 26, 2005, 10:56:35 pm »

Hello

I hope someone can help me.

This problem only seems to happen in Firefox (IE is fine) and even then it only happens 50% of the time:

When running a search, the results are displayed correctly with appropriate thumbnails. However, when you click a thumbnail it takes you to a completely different picture. Whatever the search term, when you click a result you get a different picture.

I think this must be something to do with a cache somewhere which has "remembered" a previous search but I have flushed out the Firefox cache and still the problem happens (but not always!). I notice that whatever you search for, the URL of the results are always the same, eg ...displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=0, pos=1 so there must be a hidden variable that points to the correct full size image. This is why I think it might be a cache problem because it is going to a previous pos=0 etc. Hope this makes sense.

My site is http://www.freedigitalphotos.net - I have made some modifications to the "out of the box" code but have not touched the search scripting as I wouldn't know how!

If someone could help me with this I would be so pleased  :) You will almost certainly not experience the problem I describe so I hope one of you regulars know what I mean.

Thanks

PS: Coppermine is otherwise fantastic!

cheers

Nibbler

Re: Search error: clicking results goes to wrong pictures!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 04:27:26 pm »

The search you entered is stored in a cookie on your machine. If you clear the coppermine and/or all cookies then it will forget the previous search term and it will work again.

busterjet

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Search error: clicking results goes to wrong pictures!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 04:40:58 pm »

Thank you - that worked.

Is this a known problem? Are my site visitors likely to have this trouble? Do I need my site to set cookies? I have disabled user registration and log in so see no need for it. :D

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.