Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Confirmation Prompt  (Read 3130 times)

peakoverload

• Coppermine regular visitor
Album Confirmation Prompt
« on: February 25, 2005, 03:59:37 pm »

Like many people I use Coppermine in a community role where members can upload photos to albums that I have created based on certain themes e.g. landscapes, portraits, sports etc.

What would be really useful for me is if Coppermine asked you to confirm the album you want to upload your photo to. At the moment quite often members either forget to select the album they want or they accidentally move the mouse wheel with the album field selected and so the photos get uploaded to the wrong album. Being that the albums are not ones that they own only I can then move the photos to the correct album which is a bit of a pain.

Could Coppermine be setup so that when a member uploads a photo and they select an album, give it a title and add any other info and they then click on the Continue Button that Coppermine then calls up a prompt that says something like "Are you sure you want to place this photo in x album?"

If that isnt possible then could the album field default to a blank entry as opposed to the first album so if they forget to select an album Coppermine wont place the image at all?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Album Confirmation Prompt
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 05:08:39 pm »

to have a blank (non-existing album) selected by default on the upload page, edit upload.php, find
Code: [Select]
            <select name="$name" class="listbox">and add after it
Code: [Select]
<option>Choose an album</option>or similar (not tested). A prompt asking for confirmation shouldn't be hard to implement either.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.