Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Footer  (Read 3073 times)

eamethan

• Coppermine newbie
Custom Footer
« on: February 24, 2005, 06:36:29 am »

So I wanted to place a custom footer on my page with a php include.  I came across this http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php#customHeader but I wasn't exactly to sure how to impliment this.  The php include would look like this:

Code: [Select]
<?
    include("http://www.mysite.com/users_online.php");
?>

I'd like to include it at the bottom of the page just above the powered by coppermine link, and to display with the same CSS properties.  Hopefully someone sees this as simple, and can just give me the code, if not at least a push in the right direction would help. 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Custom Footer
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 09:27:04 am »

a search for "custom footer" would have shown you many threads with examples, e.g. http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=9863.0

Joachim

eamethan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 04:17:13 am »

i can find the search feature on my own thanks.  did you even read that thread you linked me to?  maybe there is a more compliant solution out there.

Please note that this will not create anything that even closely resembles valid code, but I guess you don't mind, as your includes themselves are very far from compliance with anything

so if you don't feel like assisting me please don't link me to something that is not the proper way to solve this problem.  i don't want to start throwing in a bunch of code that is not correct. 

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 04:27:34 am »

The article gaugau pointed you at was sound.

The problem with creating a COMPLIANT include had to do with that users specific code he was trying to force to be included in coppermine.

If your php inlcude only includes content that is designed to appear between <body> and </body> and produces html 4.01 transitional valid HTML then you shouldn't have any problem.

These same methods of doing a custom_header and custom_footer inlcude are used in the development version and all of the core themes validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional with an XHTML 1.0 Transitional valid PHP include.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 04:30:11 am »

Wow.  You can find the search feature on your own?

I checked that link and it seems to me that explains how to include a file, and properly display it as a custom footer.  Perhaps you didn't understand the thread or how to make those changes?

Including files in our templating system isn't easy, but that thread does indeed show how to do it.  I don't see how you can say that is "a bunch of code that is not correct" if you don't know how Coppermine works or if you haven't tried that solution.

Looks like it was a "push in the right direction" to me.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.