Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restoring Thumbs and Normal Images From Originals  (Read 4394 times)

9re9

• Coppermine newbie
Restoring Thumbs and Normal Images From Originals
« on: February 23, 2005, 10:30:35 pm »

Hi-

I recently moved my Coppermine installation to a hosted server. My old installation was on a failing Linux Box, which I backed up to CD. Unfortunately, the CD didn't write very well, and so I am unable to recover some of the backup data. I was able to recover my mysqldump files, but my Coppermine images are lost.

Fortunately, I have copies of the files I originally posted to my Coppermine gallery. So, I have uploaded those images to the new server. I thought that by running admin tools, I'd be able to regenerate the thumbs and the intermediate pictures. However, when I do so, I get an error message. Specifically, I get:

Code: [Select]
ERROR creating:$thumb
ERROR creating:$normal

I'd really like to avoid starting from scratch, so any advice anyone can offer would be great. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 03:30:40 am by kegobeer »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Restoring Thumbs and Normal Images From Originals
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 02:12:03 am »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=14334.20
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=13915.0

A search through the forums for the error message often helps. If not, let us know.

9re9

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 02:52:29 am »

TranzNDance

Thanks for the help. I should have thought to search based on the error - my other searches didn't pan out.

In any case, I've set permissions correctly. The other post seems to indicate that using GD instead of ImageMagick might do the trick, but that seems odd.

In any case, both my "edit" and photo directories are set to 755, but I'm still getting the errors. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

9re9

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 03:29:05 am »

Oops.  ::)

It was my bad - I forgot to update the path to ImageMagick. Thanks for the help.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 03:34:57 am »

No problem. Thanks for adding to the knowledge base to explain why people can get this error message. It might explain why the other post showed that switching to GD helped. They probably had incorrect IM path.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.