Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: theme and how to easily fit coppermin on a 590px table?? PLS HELP  (Read 5389 times)

vcorreia

• Coppermine newbie

Hi,

I require that coppermin stays widthin a table of 590px (on PHPNUKE 7.5)......I replace all instances of width="100% for width="590" on the default theme.

Still it didn't work......

How can i make this change easily? PLS HELP.

Nibbler

Re: theme and how to easily fit coppermin on a 590px table?? PLS HELP
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 05:52:54 pm »

No nuke support - read the board.

vcorreia

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 06:31:20 pm »

it is the same thing.
I know there is not no Nuke Support.

I just need to know what is the easiest way to put the default theme on a 590px width table body.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 06:43:37 pm »

template.html, find:

Code: [Select]
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="20" cellspacing="20">
change to:

Code: [Select]
<table width="590px" border="0" cellpadding="20" cellspacing="20

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 07:27:27 pm »

@vcorreia, do NOT triple post. >:( Nibbler already replied to you here. It causes extra work when you make multiple threads asking the same question. Please have some consideration for others.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 06:58:46 am »

one of the drawbacks of table design is that if you have content that is wider than your table width definition, the table will become wider no matter what (there are some css attributes to cut content off, but this won't do you any good, look crappy and will not work in all browsers). This is a question of basic web design that designers had to put up with since the very start of the www, no particular coppermine issue. It's a gordian knot: you can not reliably tell what screen resolution your users will have, so you have to figure out how to get all your content displayed on a screen that may or may not be wide enough for you. Using a nuke clone (with it's fixed block design) won't make this easier.
There will certainly not be more help for you here, because there can't be more help, and your attitude (triple posting and posting nuke-related stuff although you know there's no nuke support here) for sure won't win you friends either.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.