Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Public albums or private..The big Q  (Read 4957 times)

abbood

• Coppermine newbie
Public albums or private..The big Q
« on: February 21, 2005, 09:05:49 am »

Hi ,

When I installed this great script..and was ready to go online..a big question came to my mind.. :

A - Should I create public albums with my own categories and enable user upload ?
B - Allow users to create thier own albums..  

1- If I choose A choice.. users wont be recognized well..as pictures will be mixed...
2- If I choose B choice.. users will upload in thier albums and pics will not appear in public albums with my own catgorization..
3- If I choose both then.. users who wants thier pics to appear in both places will need to upload in both places...

Do I have another choice ? Does the script allow users to choose appearence of a pic in more than 1 place ?

Thanks ;D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Public albums or private..The big Q
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 09:51:59 am »

You are expecting an answer, so you're looking for support, aren't you. Doesn't it strike you as odd that the board you posted on is named "General discussion (no support!)"? Making your posting stand out with everything in bold is not niece either... ::)
What kind of answer do you expect? When you go to a car dealer and tell them that you don't want a sports car because you can't ride rough terain with it and that you don't want a 4-wheel vehicle because you can't go fast with it on regular roads, there's little the car dealer can offer you... ;)

Joachim

abbood

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Public albums or private..The big Q
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 11:03:31 am »

Well,,,,

I did not think of it as a support issue as much as openion of users on the best way to orgnize thier albums... I don't know what's wrong with bold but maybe you know some thing I don't..

I know I can't have every thing but I thought that an answer might help me orgnize things around...

Any way thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.