Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Creation and Image Upload Gone Wild  (Read 8798 times)

Mortie

• Coppermine newbie
Album Creation and Image Upload Gone Wild
« on: February 21, 2005, 12:26:26 am »

I am integrated with SMF 1.0.1 and it seems to be working just fine as to userid, password, etc

For some reason we are not able to create an album. There are 4 albums that have been created and showing on the Album List.

There are other albums that have been created but are not showing. When I review the properties they are set to full public view.

When the user tries to uplaod imagse they are not completing the process.

I am not sure what the proiblem is

So, what info might be eneded in order to diagnose this further?

I have an extra Admin userid that can be used if someone wants to peak inside CPG.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Album Creation and Image Upload Gone Wild
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 09:42:03 am »

a link and test user account (non-admin) might do for a start...

Joachim

Mortie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 07:49:15 pm »

http://maturemnay.com/index.php

TMM Gallery would be Coppermine link

userid-test123
password- test123

thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 12:43:55 pm »

DNS lookup fails for maturemnay.com - you may have made a typo. Don't make it that hard for us to support you - I'm out of this thread.

Joachim

Mortie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 03:19:11 pm »

Thanks Joachim,

FYI, there was no typo; it was a hosting service issue, as in they had taken the server down to repalce a network card (or so they indicated). I am not sure what time you encountered the error but I did not know about it until 8:00 CST in USA.

As for me making it hard for you to support me, were it my fault I would stand up to it so being presumptious that I made an error on your part is not fair IMHO. I am sure you get many many many requests for support and mine is but one of those many mundane requests. I am sure it gets old, boring and tiresome to provide support when so much is understood by you and so little by those who don't have 1% of the expertise that you have.

So, when I say please don't make it hard for me to ask for support I hope you will understand.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 03:26:41 pm by Mortie »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 07:36:32 am »

replacement of a network interface card by your provider should only be causing the server to be unreachable, but there should be a DNS entry that points to the server that is down. This was not the case, so your webhost even had issues with their DNS being down. This is a very bad thing, I suggest you shake your naughty finger at them. I'm sorry if I was blaming you for something that wasn't your fault, but you have to understand that there are so many jerks around (most of them self-hosting with no idea of how to run their own server), so my tolerance level is extremely low for those who are self-hosting; I thought this was the case for you as well. I apologize for this. Anyway, I still can't connect to http://maturemnay.com/, even now (several hours later) - such a downtime is definitely not acceptable, so I suggest you contact your webhost once more, although I wasn't able to find a domain record for it at http://reports.internic.net/cgi/whois?whois_nic=maturemnay.com&type=domain

Joachim

Mortie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 06:16:41 pm »

Ya know Joachim

the one thing I hate more than anything is to know the other person is right and I am wrong and I have gone out of my way to prove that I am wrong and not really know that I am wrong. Does that make sense?

www.maturemany.com

How absurd of me to not look at the link I typed. I guess I type it so much I never think otherwise.

Sorry for the error and the extra time this is taking for you especially.

I hope you can still take a look

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 06:54:14 pm »

userid-test123
password- test123
trying to log in with the test user account you posted above (test123) I get
That username does not exist.
on the smf login page (after successfully being sent from your coppermine gallery login link to the smf login page). Is this something I should be aware of, something I have missed? In case it was me who got this wrong, please reply saying so. In case it was another broken network card needing replacement somewhere on this planet, I'd like to hand support on this thread over to someone else - I'm too tired...

Joachim

Mortie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 11:13:27 pm »

try testing123/testing123

When you log in to the site with the above userid, it is through a portal with SMF as the prominent site feature.

At the top of the page is a link TMM Gallery, which will lead to Coppermine.

There is also a link on the left side of the Page, under Main Menu that is TMM Gallery, which also takes one to Coppermine.

When logged in as testing123 you should have admin privs to Coppermine.

You should be tired, considering I am wearing you out with my own mistakes.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2005, 12:29:31 am »

I logged in with testing123 and created an album that showed up on the album list page.

If a user creates an album, it won't show up until the upload at least one picture into it.  Then everyone will see it.  Until that happens, only the album owner will see it.  The albums you can't see are member albums, so this is normal behavior.

As an admin, if you create a public album, it shows up all the time, empty or not.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Mortie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2005, 02:57:51 am »

I logged in with testing123 and created an album that showed up on the album list page.

If a user creates an album, it won't show up until the upload at least one picture into it.  Then everyone will see it.  Until that happens, only the album owner will see it.  The albums you can't see are member albums, so this is normal behavior.

As an admin, if you create a public album, it shows up all the time, empty or not.

Thanks kegobeer

what the members are saying is that they cannot get the pics to upload into their album

I will go back in and create a plain old member id and see what happens then report back

=====
I created a member and tried to upload a file

feel free to try as well

userid- unclemortie
password- abc123

.....this is the typical message the users get

The file 'albums/userpics/10069/mortie1.gif' can't be inserted in the album

Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: 127

There are settings for Image Magick and to the following location

/usr/local/bin/

Command line options for ImageMagick = -antialias

I created an album as an admin called Mortie and requested image upload to that specific album as an admin

I got this message

The previous file could not be placed.

You have successfully placed all the files.

I tried the same process through User Mode and received the same error message

I looked in the userpics folder and into the specific folder 10069 and found only the index.html file

any suggestions or anything else you might need to know? If you need FTP access I can give you a userid/password via PM if you so desire
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 03:37:16 am by Mortie »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2005, 06:27:22 am »

You are having problems with ImageMagick, not the albums.  Search for that error message - plenty of topics about it.  Switch to GD and try again.

You also have some sort of customized Coppermine installation, which we can't support.  We recommend downloading 1.3.2 from our site and installing it over your current version.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2005, 06:37:54 am »

I changed it to GD2 and you'll notice I was able to upload a picture to the testuser123 gallery.  I also made a public test album and uploaded a picture to it.

Mortie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2005, 01:07:02 am »

You are having problems with ImageMagick, not the albums.  Search for that error message - plenty of topics about it.  Switch to GD and try again.

You also have some sort of customized Coppermine installation, which we can't support.  We recommend downloading 1.3.2 from our site and installing it over your current version.

I presume by custom installation you are referring to being inside a Portal? Other than that, I don't know of anything as to customized installation.

Mortie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2005, 01:13:11 am »

I changed it to GD2 and you'll notice I was able to upload a picture to the testuser123 gallery.  I also made a public test album and uploaded a picture to it.

Yes, I see that and I believe you even changed a picture today.thanks for the help.....any idea what the problem was or how it suddenly came about?

Also, when a user (non-admin person) creates an album and uploads one picture it does show in the user gallery. I read your previous comment and think you are saying that Admin cannot see a full list of albums under admin mode but can under his/her User Mode?

Did you install 1.3.2?????......my config screen indicates that is the installed version

Thanks again.I hope I have a grip on it all.........

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2005, 02:01:25 am »

Custom install means someone provided Coppermine for you.  Did you download 1.3.2 from this site and install it yourself?  Or was it provided to you by your host?

By switching to GD2, which comes with PHP most of the time, I was able to isolate your problem to ImageMagick.  It isn't properly configured and/or set up.  That was causing all of your problems.

Now all you have to do is read the documentation to understand all of the things Coppermine is capable of.

Mortie

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2005, 06:09:01 am »

I downloaded it from this site...put it on my site in a folder then told my hosting service to install it........they do that free of charge.

I have a pretty good idea how to do a lot of the basics....and am not afraid of breaking it or playing around and experimenting...plus I realize all the brain power that is on this forum. and the use of search

tonite I tried to upload a GIF (using URI/URL method to avatars in my forum avatar directory) to the site and got a message that it was not a GD extension as an upload error message.I was/am putting an animated gif in an album...... it worked before with ImageMagic until it went haywire. I have uploaded severeal jpg files tonite with no problems.

I found the thread the fourm but am not by any means a script expert...saw the .htacess message but was not sure where I should place the file once I create it. Can you tell me what directory?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2005, 02:08:32 pm »

Not all versions of GD come with GIF support. This has been discussed widely on this forum (and elsewhere on the net), please search for "GD" and "gif".

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.