Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem regarding themes  (Read 3584 times)

yabbiman

• Coppermine newbie
problem regarding themes
« on: February 20, 2005, 01:38:56 pm »

Hi all,

Ive got this problem with theme selection, now ive found a thread here with possible solution but it doesnt work in my situation. btw website is located at http://www.fransleerdam.com
When I select another theme from the list I get:

Code: [Select]
Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.
This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This means that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable is set, e.g. via an Apache Action directive.

For more information as to why this behaviour exists, see the manual page for CGI security.

For more information about changing this behaviour or re-enabling this webserver, consult the installation file that came with this distribution, or visit the manual page.

Now I thought it might be in the server config, so I wrote an email to the webhost but he comes back with this story:

Dear Henk Vandenberg,

Thank you for contacting NameSecure. Concerning FRANSLEERDAM.COM, our engineers have supplied us with the following answer to your questions:

"We were able to install coppermine on the AHP platform, and change themes, with no problems. Either they have created their own theme that is broken, or they are using an old version of coppermine. Regardless, I was unable to duplicate his issue. We can advise the customer to remove his existing Coppermine installation,reinstall and reconfigure it. The server is configured correctly, and has the required Apache modules in place to allow use of this program."

We're very sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced and hope this information has helped you. Your NameSecure service request #1-185634071 has been processed and closed.
If you have additional questions please contact us at www.namesecure.com/support between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. EST Monday-Friday.
Thank you for choosing NameSecure.

Sincerely,
Name Secure Support Team

Does anyone know how I can solve this issue???

Best regards,

Henk
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 08:14:57 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

yabbiman

• Coppermine newbie
Re: problem regarding themes
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 03:48:33 pm »

@Nibbler,

I already read that thread but it doesnt solve the problem for me. Did try everything suggested there.
The webhost, namesecure, say their techs tried Coppermine and they got it working without any problem. I really doubt that.. there's no link whatsoever..
Don't know what to do next....

yabbiman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 11:55:09 am »

??? ??? ??? anyone???

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 03:02:22 pm »

Doing a google for "PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly" turned up a bunch of interesting links, and all point to the server/PHP setup.  You haven't told us anything about your server, so I can't give you any specific information.  Do a google like I did and check out those links.  You can take that information to your host and see if they can provide you with any help.

Unfortunately this doesn't have anything to do with Coppermine, so we can't give you any real help with it.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

yabbiman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 12:18:11 pm »

Thanks Kego.

Looks like indeed to be a problem on the webserver, the lame ass NAMESECURE host say it's not their fault as my former post quotes. Guess I'll have to get another host to get this solved.  ::) ::)

greetzz

henk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.