Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I Will Install Coppermine for You for $25...  (Read 18631 times)

typhooner

• Coppermine newbie
    • jasonschwab.com
I Will Install Coppermine for You for $25...
« on: February 19, 2005, 11:49:31 am »

Heres the deal...

I'm a poor college student who knows a lot about computers.  I figure it this way.  Everyone else in this forum charges about $40-$60 to install coppermine, and in reality it take no more than an hour to install... Plus installing Coppermine is only hard the first time you do it.  After that its really easy.  So I figure that if I can make $25 in one hour, I'm happy and you are getting this awesome photo management software installed for cheaper than anyone else is willing to do it.  Anyway if your interested let me know... Please email me... jasonwsaz@gmail.com

Thanks,
Jason
jasonwsaz@gmail.com

« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 08:33:46 pm by GauGau »
Hey everyone,  Help a poor college student get a free laptop (ibook)...follow this link and sign up for one of the offers...Then cancel it before the free trial ends.  Thanks
http://www.notebooks4free.com/default.aspx?r=266256

typhooner

• Coppermine newbie
    • jasonschwab.com
Re: I Will Install Coppermine for You for $25...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 10:19:21 am »

You can also get a hold of me wia Instant Messager

Yahoo IM my name is "jasonwsaz"
Aim my name is also "jasonwsaz"

Chances are that if I'm online and you contact me we can get your problem solved immediatly.

Thanks,
Jason
jasonwsaz@gmail.com
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 11:16:37 pm by typhooner »
Hey everyone,  Help a poor college student get a free laptop (ibook)...follow this link and sign up for one of the offers...Then cancel it before the free trial ends.  Thanks
http://www.notebooks4free.com/default.aspx?r=266256

kieranmullen

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 07:48:35 pm »

So why is yours make stick above the others?  Are you one of the software writers or mods?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 07:38:33 am »

The most recent post has been made to this thread, that's why it's on top of the other stickies. The bbs app SMF doesn't support "super-stickies" out of the box (although there's a mod to accomplish this). Once there is a reply to the other stickies, they will appear on top.
It's up to each user if he/she wants to accept typhooner's offer (who is not affiliated with the coppermine dev team) or if they decide to use the service announced by kegobeer or Casper (who both are experienced Coppermine devs with an excellent reputation).

Joachim

betan

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 10:10:01 pm »

what is your bonus software? IRFANVIEW?  i will go for Photshop CS2. :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 04:44:59 am by betan »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 01:30:06 pm »

@betan: typhooner never said you were getting any bonus software. The "software" he was refering to is coppermine, which he offers to install for others. He doesn't charge for the software (as we all know that coppermine comes free of charge), but for the services he offers. Your comment is just irrelevant and provocative. I've seen better trolling attempts >:(.

betan

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 03:06:29 pm »

he he he the idea of free coppermine software is about being free, i cant believe you condoning such posting thrives here in your website. and wirh sticky?
sorry if i offended thee, but im offended also reading such posts of charging people to help install coppermine.

btw it took me a noob without knowledge whatsoever in php/css/html 5 minutes to install it. the long part is to d/l it unzip and re upload it.

Gadgetman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 03:44:12 pm »

The software is free,I never paid a dime for it. Service however isn't free.

There are people like myself,who would glady pay for this service. Why risk screwing up my site,when I can have somebody that knows what they're doing install it for me.

Not all of us are puter gurus. ;)

betan

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 05:24:52 pm »

oh please dont let me stop you from hiring thypooner. mine just is incoherent babling. i just believe like millions other that internet should remain free.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 05:28:03 pm »

If you have someone install the product, you're essentially paying for their time. Time is money.

Gadgetman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2005, 05:56:15 pm »

Not many people will "hire" for free.

I gotta couple hours worth of work that needs done. You ready to do that for free betan?

In fact, I could use another website for my business while your at it. ;)

betan

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2005, 08:18:06 pm »

Sure,but i warn you i'm noob, newbie. If I can share a little i know i  will, because I believe that playing it forward will make a world a little better. in other words i try to give as much as i take. i dont want to be a leech.

downloading unzipping and uploading to a folder in your website does not requires PHD to do it. then filling in 3 to 4  blanks to your mysql questioner will only require a third grade level of reading comprehension.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2005, 12:33:27 pm »

Actually, I don't think I'm a 'leech', as you mean it, even though that is my real surname  >:(

I have made over 5000 posts on these boards, most of them providing free support, and show as being online here for 38 days, 12 hours + (which I think does not count the time spent before we switched to SMF)

I, like kegobeer, will always try and help someone do it themselves, but there are some who have problems, or just don't want to take the time to read and learn how, who would rather pay someone to get it running smoothly, and make any adjustments.

Every paid install I've done has involved far more than an hours work, as I fully test each install, set the gallery up as the user wants, with categories and their first albums, and in most cases customise the theme so their own headers etc display as they want. Often this involves many small tweaks of the gallery as the customer asks 'can we do this, or can we do that' and this is all done within the original fee.

And while we are in the criticising each other mode, I see from your gallery that you don't like to give credit where it is due, as you have made the coppermine copyright notice so small as to be unreadable.  You want free, so at least give proper credit.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Gadgetman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2005, 03:38:55 pm »

Casper just explained my need for service. I run my own 13 year old business (with employees),run a 2 year old forum, attend 2-3 trackmeets a week right now watching my boys,and I'm an avid fisherman.

I'm also an old schooler,who never touched a puter til I was in my late 30's. Taught myself how to design and make drawings on a 3D CAD program (which I'm very good at). In my spare time, I have taught myself a little html to customise my forum,and to build a sorry excuse for a website. Sure,I could probably learn the rest of this stuff,but I don't care to. This takes time that I would rather spend with my other hobbies and interests.

I may not be good at what you do,but you couldn't touch what I do. If you wanted my service,you can bet your arss that it would cost $$. There absolutely is a need for Freelancers on the internet,and always will be.

Speaking of which, if the person that said they would tackle my project doesn't get started soon,I may have to learn this stuff. ;D

betan

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2005, 04:32:09 pm »

Sorry Casper,

My posting is not intended to you, when I have a question atleast you take your time to point me to the right direction.

the footer you notice in my site was done long time ago when im experimenting in my style.css and got lazy to revert it back to original,you failed to mention this page though that is also in my website.

joinfun

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 08:38:54 am »

I'm a new user on Coppermine. Does anyone else can help me to give an ideals for me ? I don't know how to make it work. I installed ImageMagicK-6.2.2 on fedora 3.

thx,
joinfun

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2005, 04:14:39 pm »

Are you willing to hire a freelancer to do the install for you? If yes, then start a new thread on this sub-board. If you're looking for free help, post on the support board that deals with your version of coppermine, and describe in detail what issues you have. A good starting point is the documentation that comes with coppermine and the forum search (e.g. for the error message you get, if any).

Aven

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2005, 05:15:10 am »

$25? Why can't you be friendly enough and do it for free? :)
You said you're very good at computer. Why not share your knowledge a bit more friendlier?

I personally know how to install it and if anyone needs help installing it for free, don't hesitate to ask me. Since when was the internet all about money? serious...

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005, 07:19:41 am »

You said you're very good at computer. Why not share your knowledge a bit more friendlier?

I personally know how to install it and if anyone needs help installing it for free, don't hesitate to ask me. Since when was the internet all about money? serious...
Unfortunately, real life still costs money. People have bills to pay. If you have that attitude, are you still living off your parents? ::)

Do you have any idea how much free time the dev team puts into this project already? >:(

Aven

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005, 07:37:01 am »

Unfortunately, real life still costs money. People have bills to pay. If you have that attitude, are you still living off your parents? ::)

Do you have any idea how much free time the dev team puts into this project already? >:(
$25, yeah.

But it's sad because it's a big rip off. $25 to install a coppermine gallery?

For example, take a look... no one even contributed...

Is every person going to start sharing their knowledge for money? Why not share it to help people? instead of getting money...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.