Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new users can not complete registration process  (Read 3601 times)

mmenzie

• Coppermine newbie
new users can not complete registration process
« on: February 14, 2005, 06:43:06 pm »

hello all, I hope this is the right place for this question, if not, moderators may move it to the right place.

The problem i have is with new users registering. i was testing this out using two different computers and making a "test" account this is what happens.....
when a new user clicks register they get the registration page and they can fill that out, when they click "submit registration" they get the message saying to complete the registration process you must click the link in the email that was sent. the email is sent just fine with a link for them to click. here's where the problem is..... after clicking the link in the email a new window opens up and it's totally blank. if you close this window and try to login the message they get is "couldn't login, try again" and they can not login. if i go to my admin account and click the "users" i see the new account is there but it is not active. now i know i can change it there but i don't think i should have to or do i want to do it that way for everyone. the link in the email should do it for me but like i said all i get is a blank window when i click it.

any ideas on how to remedy this???

the link to my gallery is http://www.menz.dynu.com/coppermine

thanks in advance
mike
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 12:16:34 am by Casper »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: new users can not complete registration process
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 06:48:37 pm »

Make sure in config the 'target address for see more pictures' is properly completed, with the full url to your gallery, and with a final /

so it should be http://www.menz.dynu.com/coppermine/
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

mmenzie

• Coppermine newbie
Re: new users can not complete registration process
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 12:56:17 pm »

That was the problem. it is fixed and working now!! thanks alot.

mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.