Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "No input file specified." Please help!  (Read 5711 times)

lennalf

• Coppermine newbie
"No input file specified." Please help!
« on: February 15, 2005, 05:49:00 pm »

My Coppermine site is located at photos.lennalf.com.  My host is godaddy.com.

I cannot create a test account because I will get "No input file specified." upon trying to add a new user or upload a photo or pretty much anything, for that matter.  I have already followed these steps:
    *  With a FTP program, change the mode of Coppermine's "include" directory on your server to 0777.
    * Do the same for the "albums" and "userpics" directories.
    * Check that at the beginning the the "include/config.inc.php" file, you have a line with : "define('SILLY_SAFE_MODE', 1);"

I *just* moved to this host (godaddy) very recently so although I believe I am using Apache/PHP4/Linux, I am not entirely sure what versions the server is running.

I am on a shared hosting plan and godaddy is very reluctant to help me do just about anything (grr...), so unfortunately I can't change anything that requires root access to the server unless I can really persuade godaddy's grunts to help me out.

Please let me know what I can do!  (btw, I have repeatedly searched for help on Google and on the wordpress forums but nothing I have tried has helped, or I would not waste your time with posting.)

Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: "No input file specified." Please help!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 07:16:58 pm »

there are many reports about the "excellent" service at godaddy: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?action=search2&search=godaddy

Joachim

lennalf

• Coppermine newbie
Re: "No input file specified." Please help!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 12:31:36 am »

Well great... and I paid for a whole year of hosting with the bastards, too...

I'm pretty much completely dissatisfied with GoDaddy.  The admin control panel SUCKS, the tech support is slow and stupid, they won't install the packages I need, and they keep trying to cross-sell me things.

Does anybody know of a good, cheap host?  I'm paying about $35 a year right now, but I wouldn't mind paying another $35 for a GOOD host with a similar plan (in terms of space, bandwidth, speed, and services).  Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 01:20:22 pm by GauGau »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.