Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Direct Link to Last Pic Posted in Album, Sorted by Descending Date???  (Read 3309 times)

roverradio

• Coppermine newbie

Hello...I don't know if this is possible...

I have multiple albums on my site.  One of these will have 1 new picture uploaded per week.  In my site's main menu, I want to make a direct link to that latest pic (say for instance, http://www.site.com/pictures/displayimage.php?album=12&pos=0).

Unfortunately, unless the default sort order is set to sort by descending date, this will show the FIRST pic uploaded, not the last.  Is there a way to make one specific album sort on descending date, or make it do that in a link?  I know you can force a descending date sort order for the whole album in a link (ie. http://www.site.com/pictures/thumbnails.php?album=12&page=1&sort=dd), but can you link directly to a pic, and have descending date order as well?

PS.  I don't want to do descending date on the other albums, which is why I'm trying to figure out a solution to do it with direct link to pics for just one album.

I hope this makes sense...thanks!

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Direct Link to Last Pic Posted in Album, Sorted by Descending Date???
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 10:57:50 pm »

For album id 12, use the url;

thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=-12

It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.