Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "My Contacts"/Address Book Add-on  (Read 5814 times)

hallipa

• Coppermine newbie
"My Contacts"/Address Book Add-on
« on: February 12, 2005, 03:40:34 pm »

Hi!

I searched the board, but couldn't find anything like this. I think this would add even more meaningful functionality to the gallery.

Wouldn't it be wicked if each logged in user had a Contacts page, with tickable contacts (name+e-mail) page? A little address book as it were. You enter and save friends and other contacts in your address book and then, say you finish doing an album, then you click a "Send my album to my contacts" button. Your contacts/address book page comes up with all nicknames checked by default, then you deselect the ones you don't want to send to and hit send.

Additional possible features of the hack:
-enter e-mails and names and save them to your address book after send
-contact groups

Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 09:26:02 am by GauGau »

graverhead

• Coppermine newbie
Re: "My Contacts"/Address Book Add-on
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 05:21:32 am »

Bump.

Does this add-on exist? If not, I'd like to see it sometime in the future.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: "My Contacts"/Address Book Add-on
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 09:25:30 am »

no, it doesn't exist and isn't being considered to go into coppermine's core code, as the coppermine devs are reluctant to add features that make people send even more emails, adding to the global spam problem. Of course a user-contributed mod/hack would be welcome, but as I said: won't go into coppermine's core.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.