Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permissions by category ... rather than album  (Read 2934 times)

foreverbeyonce

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.foreverbeyonce.com
Permissions by category ... rather than album
« on: January 27, 2006, 04:32:16 am »

I think a great new feature to Coppermine would be to restrict access to certain groups by category, rather than setting up each individual album inside of the category. It's kind of hard to set up each album to only be visible to the Administrator or "registered users" ... especially when you have over 100 albums inside of one category. And one day, you might change your mind and decide to allow everyone to access that category. If you do that, you would have to change the permissions of 100 individual albums (which is a pain).  :P

By the way, great job on the program! I used to use 4images, but I had to discontinue my use because my gallery grew tremendously and it was a heavy load on my server. I've been using coppermine for a little while now, and I absoulutely love it!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Permissions by category ... rather than album
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 06:05:08 am »

permission settings by category have been requested before and are being considered for future versions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.