Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Applying themes / control panel  (Read 2370 times)

breitman

• Coppermine newbie
Applying themes / control panel
« on: February 07, 2005, 06:57:41 pm »

I am perhaps trying to use Coppermine in an unsual way...  My client does trade show displays and wanted an easy way to administer and maintain portfolios of these items on her website...  I used coppermine for that purpose and created a theme so that it meshes seamlessly with the website...  in that theme, i disabled all the traditional coppermine menuing so that the visitor could only see the gallery... however i need an admin panel for the client to manage the files in the gallery and albums... any suggestions on creating a cpanel.php that perhaps uses a standard theme like classic w/o messing up what was done for the general user?  there is a line in index.php (line #39) that appears to let you set a static tempalte but that does not seem to work...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Applying themes / control panel
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 03:08:05 pm »

just use one theme for the "regular" visitors of the site (your minimalistic theme) and another theme (e.g. the classic theme that comes with the package) for your customer: just tell them to access the page adding ?theme=classic to the url, e.g. http://yoursite.tld/yourfolder/?theme=classic
Preferably, you shouldn't have stripped all controls from the theme, but only those visible for "regular" users - the admin controls should still be there. For details, post a link...

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.