Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modifying MySQL OUTSITE of CPG - Schema questions and any cautions requested  (Read 3675 times)

picturechasers

• Coppermine newbie

Hi all,

thanks for your continuing great work, and I hope this post is in the right place.

I need to regularly upload hundreds of files with detailed keywords( currently over 5,000 stock images), titles & descriptions directly to MySQL from my Filemaker Pro DB.  Got that part licked.  Though I have a few questions about how cpg uses MySQL.

1) What is difference between fields "filesize" and "total_filesize"?  Is this necessary info?  My uploaded files are simple web sized jpegs, all same pixel dimensions (except for horizontal vs vertical), but different file sizes.  This is not important to me, unless it will cause a problem I may leave this field empty.

2) In the MySQL table "pictures" there is a field called "ctime", could someone please identify what this field does?

Anyone tried this?  Anything I have to watch for to avoid future meltdown?

Thanks in advance!

Darren Sweet
http://www.picturechasers.com/Stock/

Nibbler

filesize is the size of the actual file, total_filesize is the size of the pic + resized version + thumbnail. I think these are only used for display and quota purposes. There is a way to fill in this info in admin tools automatically in the next version of coppermine.

ctime is the date/time the picture was added into the database.

picturechasers

• Coppermine newbie

thanks Nibbler,

you're pretty helpful for a guy who's missing...

Darren Sweet
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.