Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG-phpnuke vs forum integretion vs. standalone  (Read 5125 times)

gtroll

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • CPG-Nuke
CPG-phpnuke vs forum integretion vs. standalone
« on: November 11, 2003, 12:40:33 am »

[size=16]2 years ago if you told me you had a nuke site I would have worried!

Now I would know your talking about the CMS PHPNuke.[/size]

What does that mean and how does that affect what version of CPG I use?
A CMS or Content Management System is basically a building plan for a site (a single modifiable template for all your web applications) Where you have a single user login with many different "modules" or php scripts. because of this single user login you can have a photo gallery on one page a forum on another, weblogs, news,weather,sports,search and the list goes on and on.
The ease of updating is one reason I have used this kind of website for several sites. With multiple user input the "community site" can build itself no matter what your web community is. add to that a widely configurable open source shopping cart, you can have a site that some pay thousands for, all open source....Now the good thing is it is possible to use your database from the standalone in nuke and vis versa with a few modifications. If that is an interest I may be able to help...

There are other CMS's and PostNuke is one of them there is a CPG port for that but I don't know about the portability. Now no program is without it's fallibilities so I not trying start a conversation about that I just want our users to be able to make an informed choice about which CPG version they want.
 [size=12]now more than a few people have tried to install the wrong version into the wrong site type so read carefully before downloading and installing)[/size]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.