Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dividing / Adding Menu Blocks  (Read 3244 times)

SenshiG

• Coppermine newbie
    • Ani-Walls.net
Dividing / Adding Menu Blocks
« on: February 11, 2005, 03:10:32 am »

My apologies if my terminology is wrong, I tried to be accurate.  The template I'm using has the administrator's main menu and just a regular "main menu", and then a section in the template for hypertext links.  I want to add new sections, or additional menus, or however that should be phrased.  The reason is that I want to have more graphics separating the the sections of the menu, and I'm under the impression I need to have more menu blocks to do this. 

My assumption is that this can be done, but I haven't seen any instructions.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
Re: Dividing / Adding Menu Blocks
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 03:55:13 am »

Not sure exactly what you mean, but you can markup the main menu by editing $template_main_menu in your theme.php

SenshiG

• Coppermine newbie
    • Ani-Walls.net
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 04:40:52 am »

I think I could make my aims clearer by providing a link to my site-- http://www.ani-walls.net.  You see that the template has the main menu items (I've re-ordered them and removed the ones I didn't want without any problems), then there's a break separated with a graphic and a spot for other links.  The links for the main menu are of course located in theme.php.  The plain "links" are on template.html.

I want to add in some other pages (such as submission guidelines, some tutorials, etc.), but I want them intermixed with some of the items from the Main Menu (my submissions guidelines might go between the album list and register, for example).  But complicating it the most is that I would like to divide the list of menu items on the side menu with graphic dividers like run along the top and bottom of the menu divisions now.  That may still be incredibly unclear, but I hope looking at it makes it easier. 

To look at it another way, template.html has "top image", {MAIN MENU}, "bottom image," "break," "top image," "optional normal links," "bottom image."  I want to have that top and bottom image breaking up items in the {MAIN MENU}.  Does that make it worse?  I'll try again to make it... non-convoluted if the words can come to me.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 08:14:17 am »

for things that need to be in the section that replaces {MAIN_MENU} in template.html you can just edit $template_main_menu in the theme.php and hardcode your items in there no problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.