Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saving Thumbs and Resized pics to different directory???  (Read 3028 times)

typhooner

• Coppermine newbie
    • jasonschwab.com
Saving Thumbs and Resized pics to different directory???
« on: February 06, 2005, 10:18:58 pm »

Let me give you a bit of a background so that you will understand what I am trying to do.

For many years I have organized my personal digital photographs onto my computer in folders coresponding to the year they were taken.  Then subfolders inside of those with the months etc etc...I have installed coppermine locally on my computer and it runs perfectly.  I would like to make an alias of main folder that I keep my pictures in and drop that alias into my local coppermine album folder (for a batch upload while keeping the original files were they are at.)...But I don't want coppermine to edit that folder in anyway.  I would like coppermine to save the resized pictures and thumbs in a directory other than the one that the originals are in.  I would also like to set the permissions on my original picture folder to be read only to coppermine.

Basically I installed coppermine locally so that I can have it batch upload all of these pics without having to pay for a huge amount of webspace but I do not want to take any chances on coppermine altering the original files in anyway.  Hopefully someone will understand kind of what I am trying to do and know of a solution.

Thanks,
Jason
Hey everyone,  Help a poor college student get a free laptop (ibook)...follow this link and sign up for one of the offers...Then cancel it before the free trial ends.  Thanks
http://www.notebooks4free.com/default.aspx?r=266256

wanwizard

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Saving Thumbs and Resized pics to different directory???
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 04:01:13 pm »

Now that would be an extremly handy feature.  ;D

I use linux based satellite receivers that are capable of running slideshows of a server directory. A lot easier then draging visitors to my office and have them stand around my desk to watch a webbased slideshow.

C-Ya,
WanWizard
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.