Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: private_public_access  (Read 5356 times)

Pawel25

• Coppermine newbie
private_public_access
« on: February 02, 2005, 10:48:57 pm »

Dear Support,

I am admin and I created e.g. four albums in public categories:
album_1
album_2
album_3
album_4

and next I created  a few users e.g.
user_1
user_2
and some private albums for this users for upload file it's obvious.

But I would like to give additionally access users for upload file/picture to the public category (in my case: album_1, album_2, album_3, album_4) and in order to do  in "group control panel" I changed for "Register" users (user_1, user_2) "public upload approval" set to NO (like "Administrator"), set "can upload files" to YES. And I can't upolad files to the public albums as registered user ( I can upload files only for private albums still). Tell me if you can why I can't upload files into public albums despite of I set in "group control panel" everything for  upload to the public album?
maybe I forgot of any important things?

It is possible moving between private and public albums?
e.g. user_1 upload file: nature_1.jpg for private album: e.g. album_private_1
and I would like to have this picture in the public album: e.g. album_public
because this pic nature_1.jpg fit to album e.g. nature as well.

Regards,
Pawel

, it means

MonkeyManx

• Coppermine novice
Re: private_public_access
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 12:06:46 am »

I am having this same problem, kind of.
I want regular users to be able to upload to Ablums with no categories.

Lewislink

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 03:31:34 am »

Again, this is the problem I have.  It seems like it should be simple.  What am I missing?

Aditya Mooley

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • My Sweet Home
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 07:37:14 am »

There is no functionality in coppermine to allow specific user groups to uplaod in specific albums.
If you set "Visitors can upload files" to Yes in album properties all the users (including guests) will be able to uplaod in that album.
As of now there is no way to achieve what you want.
--- "Its Nice 2 BE Important but its more Important 2 Be NICE" ---
Follow Coppermine on Twitter

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 10:28:35 am »

If you set "Visitors can upload files" to Yes in album properties all the users (including guests) will be able to uplaod in that album.

Not quite correct.  In the groups management, set anonymous to not be able to upload, then guests cannot upload to any album, and set each album you want your users to upload to as 'visitors can upload' to yes.

Then your registered users can upload, but guests cannot.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Aditya Mooley

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • My Sweet Home
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 10:43:21 am »

Yes I know that. I was taking into considaration that all the groups have upload permissions set to yes in group manager.

Pawel25

• Coppermine newbie
structure_database_privillages
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 10:26:33 pm »

Where is "Visitors can upload files" ?

I got some information from CPG Support in other(previous) topics and I have looking for still this notes("Visitors can upload files"), I found only "can upload file" in groups panel. Is it the same?

I would like to give users permission to the public albums. How I should do this?
How th change structure of database if I would like to have pictures (e.g. woman1.jpg)  in the albums for user_1 and this same picture in the public albums because e.g. this picture (woman1.jpg) fit to public category (women) and on the other hand user_1 is owner's this picture and I want this picture have in the user_1 albums. How to change structure database to make this point?

Regards,
Pawel

Pawel25

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 10:31:31 pm »

There is no functionality in coppermine to allow specific user groups to uplaod in specific albums.
As of now there is no way to achieve what you want.

Where is "Visitors can upload files" notes ?  because I can't see this notes in whole CPG gallery, Is it the same notes as "can upload files" in gropus panel ?

Regards,
Pawel

Aditya Mooley

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • My Sweet Home
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 07:34:59 am »

No, it is in Album properties.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: structure_database_privillages
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2005, 11:44:13 am »

Where is "Visitors can upload files" ?

I got some information from CPG Support in other(previous) topics and I have looking for still this notes("Visitors can upload files"), I found only "can upload file" in groups panel. Is it the same?

I would like to give users permission to the public albums. How I should do this?
How th change structure of database if I would like to have pictures (e.g. woman1.jpg)  in the albums for user_1 and this same picture in the public albums because e.g. this picture (woman1.jpg) fit to public category (women) and on the other hand user_1 is owner's this picture and I want this picture have in the user_1 albums. How to change structure database to make this point?

Regards,
Pawel
enable "Users can have private albums (Note: if you switch from 'yes' to 'no' any current private albums will become public)" in coppermine config to have the option you asked for in album properties. Read the docs and search the board, this is well documented!

Merged the other thread you started with this one. Don't double-post nor cross-post! Respect board rules in the future.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.