Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Critical Error -- Help Me Please  (Read 4089 times)

legend_neo

• Coppermine regular visitor
Critical Error -- Help Me Please
« on: February 03, 2005, 08:04:00 pm »

me back again with an error :(

Ok .. let me tell u, in the last one week I havent made any change to any file of CPG. I was just uploading pics and nothing else.
When i installed CPG i was having Static IP based Hosting (4 weeks ago) , but due to some stupid reasong my hoting company changed it to Shared IP based hosting ( 5 days before) and since then im getting these error messages

Code: [Select]
Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'admin@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/admin/public_html/include/functions.inc.php on line 79

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/admin/public_html/include/functions.inc.php on line 79

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admin/public_html/index1.php:751) in /home/admin/public_html/themes/morpheus/theme.php on line 889

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admin/public_html/index1.php:751) in /home/admin/public_html/themes/morpheus/theme.php on line 890

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admin/public_html/index1.php:751) in /home/admin/public_html/include/functions.inc.php on line 51

SO what i think is that its due to changing my web from static ip to shared IP.  CAN THIS BE THE REASON ?????
even i m trying my best to solve this issue with web hosting and to have my static Ip back again ... But is there any method or way to stop these warning messages  ???

May be there would be some other reason, but one thing i m sure of is that i havent change any of these files and one 5 days before everything was working normal.

on my page i do see these warnings .. after that the normal page show up and below it i got a critacal message saying

There was an error while processing a database query
So please help me out
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 02:52:39 pm by GauGau »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Critacal Error -- Help Me Please
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 08:13:22 pm »

Verify your mysql user/password, host, database, etc information is correct.  If not, open up include/config.inc.php and change them.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

legend_neo

Re: Critical Error -- Help Me Please
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 08:33:43 pm »

Yes , i already did this. Everything is as it was before. As i told u the normal page does show up but i got these warning message at the top of the page and the critical error at the bottom.

even with this, i am able to upload the pictures.

so i guess this is something to do with Database

From somewhere, when i was tryig to know the difference between Shared hosting and Static hosting , i heard about "Root Acces" to the SQL server. that is only available with Static IP based hosting .

Dont know much but i think not all CPG's having Static Ip so i should also not have any problem with this .
« Last Edit: February 03, 2005, 08:54:34 pm by legend_neo »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 08:42:57 pm »

Maybe your new IP isn't allowed access to the database if it is making a remote connection. I think the people who can best help are your webhost or people familiar with it. If your host has support forums, post about your db problem after the switch.

legend_neo

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 09:13:52 pm »

I M 90% sure that it has something to do with IP thing.  I already contact them but when they saw the notice ""include/functions.inc.php on line 79"" they simply said its something to do with ur Script that u r using . I know they r wrong but they r not much co-operative.

Also I m doing a fight to get my static IP back coz i think thay cant change it on there own.

So my question is  "WHAT EXACTLY I SHOULD SAY THEM ABOUT THE PROBLEM"

In my last mail to them i said i m getting Data Base warnings and thay didnt helped me much.

I hope thay could have a support forum but presently they dont. I just have to mail them and then wait for my luck to get there reply :( :(

And if this problem is just because of IP change , would it be solved if i got back My static IP ???? (although i m not sure it will be the same as i was having before or not )

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 09:21:33 pm »

If you don't get the same IP, it probably won't help solve the problem if the problem is due to having a different IP.

The error message is occurring on that line because the script cannot make a database connection after the host made changes. It's obviously not the script since it worked before your host changed things.

legend_neo

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 09:38:33 pm »

How Stupid I M   :(   >:(

In order to get rid of "Notice: Undefined index: user1 in /home/bestofth/public_html/upload.php on line 2146" kind of messages I Turned off Debug mode and never thought of putting it On. (as some one suffested whin i post the message)

When I get this critical error I thought I m having it coz Debug Mode is on. But it wasnt.
Any way
I just apply the debug mode and got this, I thought that might help in having a clear view about my problem

While executing query "SELECT count(*) FROM cpg132_pictures WHERE 1" on 0

mySQL error: Access denied for user: 'admin@localhost' (Using password: NO)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 11:26:45 am »

this is no news, it's basically the same error message you posted above, the other errors and warnings are just a result of the first error.
Now listen: the error message says that the script running on your webserver can not connect to the mySQL database. This is simply a matter we can not solve for you - ask your webhost for the proper settings (the stuff you have in include/config.inc.php). This is not related to your client having a certain IP address. If your webhost denies you the information you need (the mySQL connection data), you might want to consider moving to another webhost.
You can continue your rant here on some static/dynamic IP address issues, but it will become a monologue... ;)

Joachim

legend_neo

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 11:13:25 pm »

Many Thankxxx to " TranzNDance " .
With ur posting I am able to convince my web host that the problem is coz of them. When i first talk to them they simply put it off by saying that its something to do with CPG. But No.. It wasnt.

With my Static IP, i was having Root access to SQL. So when they changed it to Shared IP , They messed with it and my access got limited. That was the reason i was having that problem. Its still there but i hope it will be solved in a day or two.

Posted by: GauGau   Posted on: Today at 05:26:45 AM
ask your webhost for the proper settings (the stuff you have in include/config.inc.php).
This is not related to your client having a certain IP address.
You can continue your rant here on some static/dynamic IP address issues, but it will become a monologue...

I posted this thread after making 100 % sure that my config.inc.php file is correct. Also even with this problem i was able to use CPG as before just waith the addition of error messages . SO it cant be the reason of config.php.
I know CPG workes fine with both, but in my case Shared Ip was causing problem due to restricted access.

And certainly i know i m not here for chit chat , or "Rant" . Posting threads doesnt make me popular at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.