Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zero-size thumbnails?  (Read 3585 times)

StephanieM

• Coppermine newbie
Zero-size thumbnails?
« on: January 31, 2005, 09:22:38 pm »

Somehow when editing my config file I ended up with zero-size thumbnails - visible only because of their 1-pixel border. With a steady hand I could click on them and eventually get to the corect picture.

Turns out that what I changed was the allowed file types. Allowed image types="ALL" works and displays proper thumbnails; the string "jpg,gif,png" (in various capitalisations) does not.

The docs (coppermine/docs/index.htm) specify a comma-separated list of extensions. Have I broken something?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 10:02:04 pm by StephanieM »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Zero-size thumbnails?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 06:28:44 am »

afaik this is a bug in the documentation. Try separating with slashes, and remember that capitalization does matter.

Joachim

StephanieM

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 11:04:19 pm »

Like a charm, it works... For new readers, I used jpg/JPG/gif/GIF/png/PNG to catch the capitalisation.

Thanks!

Existing forbidden item types are still visible, even if only as micro-thumbnails. For example, if someone's been uploading audio files (.MID and .MP3, say) because I left audio files set to ALL, this may be okay until I find illicit MP3s being downloaded. I can change audio files to .MID only to prevent further MP3 uploads but this doesn't totally prevent the downloading of the existing MP3s. Granted, other solutions like banning the user, manually deleting the offending files/albums etc. could be employed, but to me the principle of "not allowed=not visible" seems a good one.

Just a thought.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 08:44:09 am »

hm, I'm not sure this principle would work for all. Imagine a setup where the admin wants to be able to upload mp3 files, but doesn't want to allow this to his users. He'd be temporarily enable mp3 in coppermine's config, upload his stuff and then again disable the use of mp3 in the config, while he wants the mp3 files to be visible in coppermine. So what you request would be a more granular permissions system, which is in the pipeline for cpgNG (don't expect it in the near future though).
It should be pretty easy to come up with a query that eliminates all existing mp3 files from the database though...

Joachim

StephanieM

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 12:44:01 am »

Couple of issues going on here.

The one relating to the original thread has to do with not displaying "forbidden" files at all. These are the ones appearing with micro-thumbnails. If they shouldn't show up, they shouldn't show up, as I see it.

The second (new?) issue has to do with permissions. I like the idea of a user-based permissions system, where the current global filetype permissions are migrated out to the user level (but under admin control?), or even an album-based one (e.g. Joe User can upload MP3s but only to his own albums, not the public ones). One could go even further and build an entire ACL system in here, but I think that would be overkill for a photo gallery.

Sounds like time for a new thread...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 11:32:21 am »

Sounds like time for a new thread...
definitely yes, feature requests board please ;)

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.