Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error Processing Database Query  (Read 2619 times)

Im_Addicted

• Coppermine newbie
Error Processing Database Query
« on: January 31, 2005, 11:14:29 pm »

I am running Coppermine 1.3.0 installed for me by my web host.  All has been running fine until I needed to delete a picture from one of the albums and got an Error Processing Database Query.  Enabling debug mode gave me this specific error code:

Code: [Select]
While executing query "DELETE FROM cpg_130exif WHERE filename='albums/Coppermine Gallery/Appearances/McDonald's/04.jpg' LIMIT 1" on 0

mySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's/04.jpg' LIMIT 1' at line 1

It appears that the problem is that I have an apostrophe in the file name as I have deleted photos in other galleries and only gotten that message on files with an apostrophe in the file name.  I tried changing the illegal characters in the config menu to remove the apostrophe error and that did not help.  The thumb, normal and full sized photos are deleting from the Coppermine gallery, but the little box in the album and the hit count are not, leaving a little box with a red X in it.  I ran a search on this site and found several pages of error messages similar to this one, but did not find a solution for this specific problem.  I would like to remove the photo from this gallery that is in question, and also make the necessary changes to other album databases (?) to make sure that I do not have this problem again when I go to delete in the future.

Here is a link to the specific album I am referring to:

http://www.josh-duhamel-fans.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=9

Any help would be appreciated as I am a novice who knows nothing about MySQL or php.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Error Processing Database Query
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 06:00:36 am »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=14384.0
You should definitely upgrade from cpg1.3.0 to the most recent stable cpg1.3.2 !

Joachim

Im_Addicted

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 03:39:17 pm »

Thank you for responding to both of our inquiries simultaneously.  I truly appreciate it.  I replaced the file searchnew.php fils as outlined in the other thread and it did not corrent the problem.  I am getting the same error message.  I am going to look into upgrading to the next stable version  1.3.2.  May take me a bit to figure out as I did not do the installation on this version - my webhost did it for me.  But, I am going to give it a shot.  Do you anticipate that will correct the problem, or is there something else I should try in conjunction with that?  Do I need to alter the db tables in some way?  I see that as a response on a lot of similar threads and would like to know if I need to do it, before I attempt to do something as a novice and end up screwing it up.  Please help if this is not too terribly redundant.  I have searched the forums, and see lots of similarities, but not exact matches where someone has posted that the recommendations fixed their problem.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 08:25:13 am »

To update from cpg1.3.0 to cpg1.3.2 you just upload all files from the new package to your webserver (overwriting the existing files) and then run the update.php script (as suggested in the docs). If you're paranoid, make a backup of your existing files and database first.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.