Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine on a large scale  (Read 2931 times)

belgiebob

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine on a large scale
« on: February 01, 2005, 02:21:21 am »

Has anyone rolled out coppermine on a large scale think 5000+ images 1000+ video files 500+ audio files?
Are there easier ways to get the metadata into the database i.e. some sort of sql front end software (if so any recommendations).  Also how well does coppermine scale with that much information.   My server is a Dual xenon with 2 gigs of ram and 500 gig of raid 5 storage.  I am the admin for this server and can taylor it to suite coppermine.   If you have any coments or experiences working with coppermine on this scale please share them with me.   Is there anything i should look out for?

Any information is welcom

Thanks,
Josh

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Coppermine on a large scale
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 06:36:11 am »

We have a "one question per thread" policy you agreed to respect when signing up for your account on this forum, please repect it in the future.
Try http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=14244.0 - you will find that there are several galleries with a high number of files uploaded. Having a larger number of files in the db is one thing, the critical issue is: will the server be capable to serve it; in other words: what is the expected bandwidth/traffic?

Are there easier ways to get the metadata into the database i.e. some sort of sql front end software (if so any recommendations).
Not sure what you mean, I'd go for phpMyAdmin and run some queries there to add descriptions, titles etc. for mutliple files at once.

Joachim

belgiebob

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 03:32:03 pm »

Sorry For the Multiple questions. I just wanted to start a general discussion about the issues or problems related to opperating coppemine on a large scale.

Thanks,
Josh

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 06:28:02 pm »

Try searching the board first. There are already topics dealing with this question.

I'm operating a small gallery of 7000+ pics on a very modest server at the moment
and it's working like a charm. I'd say with the server you have its more a question
if the bandwidth will support the gallery enough to make it a smooth viewing for your users.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.