Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Link Effects in Coppermine?  (Read 3542 times)

majay

• Coppermine novice
Custom Link Effects in Coppermine?
« on: January 29, 2005, 10:25:12 pm »

Hi, I've searched the forum for an answer to my question but couldn't find anything. I would like to know whether you could apply effects to CPG links, ie put a fade effect on them. I know how to do it with HTML with a CSS file, so I tried to change the CSS of my theme, but it wouldn't work.
I work with a fadetxt.htc file that I upload with the style sheet.
If anyone can help me...
Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 05:09:09 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Custom Link Effects in Coppermine?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 07:04:54 am »

I'm not sure what a htc file is - maybe you could post a link both to your coppermine page and to a sample page with the fade effect applied.
Usually, fade-effects require the use of DHTML/JavaScript, so it won't be enugh to just edit the style sheet - you probably will have to get the JavaScript code to be on every page (best place to add it is script.js), and maybe you will need a trigger (e.g. additional <div>wraps and/or some trigger (e.g. an id inside the tag). This can not be answered generally, but by case - like I said: post links.

Joachim

majay

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 10:51:57 pm »

Here is a sample: http://www.mjjshots.com/temp/temp.htm

In my style sheet I create a "generallink" class:
Code: [Select]
.generalLink{
behavior: url(fadetxt.htc);
}

Then I add ' class="generallink" ' to every link (which is the main problem with applying this effect in Coppermine).

This is the HTML code for the sample link
Code: [Select]
<a class="generallink" href="http://coppermine.sourceforge.net" target="_blank"><font size="7">LINK</font></a>

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 12:03:09 am »

so, what's the question then? Try adding the htc stuff to style.css (for "a"). Your htc file is in fact some JavaScript, I think this could be accomplished in another way as well.

Joachim

P.S. your demo page does not work in Firefox, only in IE.

majay

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 04:36:23 pm »

so, what's the question then? Try adding the htc stuff to style.css (for "a"). Your htc file is in fact some JavaScript, I think this could be accomplished in another way as well.

Joachim

P.S. your demo page does not work in Firefox, only in IE.

I've tried that aswell, but it really doesn't work. Not like it matters that much, it was just to see what it would look like. Thank you for your help anyways.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.