Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing PostNuke, how to convert coppermine files to CPG 1.3 standalone?  (Read 5103 times)

amsgwp

• Coppermine newbie

I'm getting rid of post nuke and going to use 1.3 standalone and so which files do I need to put back in to standalone to not lose the stuff I already have setup?  Is this possible?

edit: I've also done some searching, and moving the users does not matter, just the albums and there settings.
thanks,
Austin

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Removing PostNuke, how to convert coppermine files to CPG 1.3 standalone?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 06:55:00 am »

we have no idea, since we don't know the nuke port, nor the database structure. Backup everything (both files within the albums folder and your mySQL database tables (at least the ones that hold coppermine data). Then do a fresh standalone install and make sure the fresh install is working as expected. Next, put the files from your backup (the ones from the albums folder) into the albums folder of your fresh install. Then comes the tricky part: fill the existing tables of your fresh standalone coppermine database tables with the dump of your nuke install's tables. If you believe in some sort of higher being it's ok to pray then. Final step: check if everything is still working as expected and react accordingly (frantic joy or frsutration, depending on the outcome of the experiment).
Please note that this is just theoretic support, I have no idea if this is going to work, so don't say you haven't been warned ;D

[edit]
forget above bullsh**, I thought you were talking about "Coppermine for CMS", but now I realize you appear to be using pnCPG (I should start reading before posting, sorry again) - this should be easier, although I still don't know it ;). But I think Cas (who is the moderator on this sub-board and the author of pnCPG) should know, please be patient and wait for his suggestions.
[/edit]

Joachim

casNuy

• Coppermine addict
  • My other hobby
    • Nuy Community
Re: Removing PostNuke, how to convert coppermine files to CPG 1.3 standalone?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 08:19:33 pm »

The good thing of pnCPG is that it does not touch core Coppermine files.
The only script you need to remove is index_pn.php.
In addition, you need to provide your users with the current Coppermine password. You will find password and e-mail address in the coppermine user table.
So just set up a mass user mailing and you are done

Cas
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.