No Support > Scheduled for cpg1.5.x

A few ideas related to image comments

<< < (2/3) > >>

kegobeer:
Until a mod can be made, that's the only way to control the problem.  Happened to me also, and that's how I stopped it.  I believe this would be a useful option for people who don't have members and who primarily use it to display personal pictures, etc.  To delete all the comments, you can use phpMyAdmin to delete the offending comments from the cpg_comments table.

Joachim Müller:
I can see the point, that's why I will add these items to the "todo"-list for developers:
[*]modify the "review comments" page to enable the admin to sort by date, user, text, pic
[*]enable an approval field in comments table, similar to "upload approval"
[*]add rel="nofollow"  attribute to links to make comment spamming less attractive[/list]Please note that there's no saying when this will be implemented.

Joachim

Alisa:
Hallo Astrik

I had the same problem. My private gallery was flooded with nasty comments twice.

Therefore I asked for a time based POST-action-limit-feature for comments, upload etc.
You can read my idea on this post:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=13848.0

With the requested feature it would be possible to set the time to wait after each post, to be able to post again.

Of course it would not stop anyone from posting trash to your gallery but it could protect the gallery from being fooded with trash.

I think you made the right decision by turning the approval function on
I did the same in my case and now I have more polite comments than ever.  ;)

Joachim Müller:
Comment approval has been added as a feature to the devel branch as well as comment captcha option. This should take care of most issues users have with comments. Marking thread accordingly.

forumGuy201:

--- Quote from: Joachim Müller on September 08, 2006, 08:18:33 am ---Comment approval has been added as a feature to the devel branch as well as comment captcha option. This should take care of most issues users have with comments. Marking thread accordingly.

--- End quote ---

Great, that should solve the problem...however no entirely, because people who want to spam the gallery won't know that this comment moderation had been applied (at least not in the first time) which adds a lot of work on the person moderating his comments. It is a temp solution however

But isn't there a mod that can tell if the comment is spam or abusive? i mean kinda like the Spam filter in Yahoo email for example.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version