Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can new text be added?  (Read 4836 times)

Jaycjp

• Coppermine newbie
How can new text be added?
« on: January 29, 2005, 01:34:30 pm »

Hi,

First of all it may be useful to know that I know HTML but not PHP.

How would I go about adding new text to individual pages ???
I managed to add new links in the themes.php file with know problems but if I add any other text it obviously shows up in all the other pages as well.

For example how could I add text to show up in the home page only but know others, or say only the section where you can comment on an image ect. Basically i'm trying to add individual content (text or other) to individual pages.

I have a good idea how to do this on a HTML only based site but not on a PHP site.

Any help that can be offered is very much appreciated indeed :)

Thanks,

Jay
To all the guys & girls who have come up with/contributed to the coppermine project, I've found it to be very useful, challenging & entertaining so thanks to you all! In my opinion it's communities like this that make the web great, hope I can contribute to the community as I become more experienced

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How can new text be added?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 07:33:01 am »

use anycontent.php to display content on the index page. Add a switch (conditional) statement if it is only meant to show on certain  pages. You're looking for dynamic content, which can only be accomplished using PHP (html alone won't do), so you'll have to look into php as well, sorry.

Joachim

Tchit

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 04:37:13 am »

You can just edit your template.htm file ! It is in the Themes folder (choose the theme you are using) and then you edit the html template.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 08:07:52 am »

you can edit that file, but content from template.html won't be dynamic, but static, i.e. it will be visible at all times.

Joachim

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 11:07:32 am »

Or you go to the miniCMS thread on the modifications board and see if that might be what your looking for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.