Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: logging in  (Read 3510 times)

roseberry123

• Coppermine newbie
logging in
« on: January 26, 2005, 06:58:45 pm »

Hi,

Suppose there'll only be one person doing things with the galleries, other people will be just browsing....is logging in from the "index.php" page the only way to log in? Is there a way to hide this "login" link from other users?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
June

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: logging in
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 09:08:17 pm »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=12406.0

I always recommend using the Advanced Search instead of the regular Search.  Works much better and always looks thru the entire forum.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Alaska

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 11:12:38 pm »

The answer to both of your questions is yes.

If your site is at www.mysite.com you can log in by adding to the end of the URL the log in.  In this case it would be www.mystie.com/login.php .

To remove the log in button go to themes > the theme that you are using > theme.php.  Just comment out the code between  <!-- BEGIN login --> and  <!-- END login -->  but be sure to leave these two tags.  Use the standard HTML tag of <!-- and -->.  Once done the log in button will be removed.  If you would like it replaced just remove the added comment tags.

This is a nice feature to keep the site simple and removes the concern of a log in button and what it is used for.

Jim

roseberry123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 12:18:29 am »

Thank you Jim :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.