Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hot to creat subcategories ???  (Read 3859 times)

baba88

• Coppermine newbie
Hot to creat subcategories ???
« on: January 26, 2005, 09:10:55 pm »

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to creat subcategories ?
Can I disable personal user galleries ?

Thank You

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Hot to creat subcategories ???
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 07:56:27 am »

We have a "one question per thread" policy - you agreed to respect it when you signed up for your account on this forum!
Additionally, your questions both are support requests, so they should have gone into the support board that corresponds to the coppermine version you're using. The description of the sub-board "General discussion" (where you posted your question in) clearly says not to post support requests there!

Can anyone tell me how to creat subcategories ?
Click "categories" in the admin menu, choose the parent category you want to create your sub-category in by using the dropdown field that (suprisingly enough) is labelled " Parent category" within the section "Update/Create category" (who would have thought that?). Enter the name of your new sub-category in the field that is named " Category title" and hit the "update/create category" button. That's all. Pretty self-explanatory, don't you think? Why don't you try to find out those things by reading the documentation, as suggested in the other thread you started?

Can I disable personal user galleries ?
Sure, go to "groups" in the admin menu and choose "no" in the dropdown field "Can have a personal gallery" for the group you don't want to allow personal galleries. If you don't want to allow personal galleries at all, do so for all groups. Again, this should be pretty self-explanatory and is well-documented in the docs. ::)

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.