Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linking Albums to Category  (Read 6956 times)

amit

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.karmakars.com
Linking Albums to Category
« on: November 09, 2003, 02:23:48 am »

Howdy All,

I have just about installed CPG v1.2RC2 on my server
http://www.karmakars.com/photos/

As far as I understand, Albums are like 'Visit to place 1' or 'Photos from place 2' and Categories are 'Landscapes', 'Close-ups' etc...

I am unable to link my individual photos within an album to the individual categories they belong to. Any help to this effect would be appreciated.
Regards,
Amit Karmakar
www.karmakars.com

sbpoole

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
Categories
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2003, 06:46:45 am »

While in Admin mode, go to the properties of one of your existing albums.  You will see a drop down menu titled "album category".  Select one of your categories that you have already created(must create a category first) for this album, then go to the bottom of that page and select "Update album".  That album should now be listed under that category on your main (home) page.  Hope this helps.  Sonny

amit

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Categories
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2003, 07:11:00 am »

Quote from: "sbpoole"
While in Admin mode, go to the properties of one of your existing albums.  You will see a drop down menu titled "album category".  Select one of your categories that you have already created(must create a category first) for this album, then go to the bottom of that page and select "Update album".  That album should now be listed under that category on your main (home) page.  Hope this helps.  Sonny

Thanks Sonny, when I go to edit the properties I see that under 'Album Category' there is static text that says...'User Gallery'
What am I doing wrong?
Regards,
Amit Karmakar
www.karmakars.com

sbpoole

• Contributor
category
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2003, 07:20:17 am »

In admin mode click categories button.  Create a new category where it says "category title", then click update/create category at the bottom of that page.  Now use the little up arrow beside of the newly category and move it up to the top of the category list, above user galleries.  Now edit properties of an album, the category should be in the drop down list.  If you can't figure it out "PM" me with your admin login and password and I'll take a look at it for you.

amit

• Coppermine newbie
Re: category
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2003, 08:14:36 am »

In admin mode click categories button.  Create a new category where it says "category title", then click update/create category at the bottom of that page.  Now use the little up arrow beside of the newly category and move it up to the top of the category list, above user galleries.  Now edit properties of an album, the category should be in the drop down list.  If you can't figure it out "PM" me with your admin login and password and I'll take a look at it for you.

Sent you a PM  awhile ago, let me know how you go. I am also keen to figure this out. Maybe I did something wrong in the settings.
Regards,
Amit Karmakar
www.karmakars.com

sbpoole

• Contributor
Category
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2003, 08:34:31 am »

Have not got your PM yet.  I will look at it after church tommorrow.  Have to go to bed now, it's 2:30am here.  I'll see if I can help you tommorrow, promise.  Sonny

amit

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Category
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2003, 08:46:14 am »

Have not got your PM yet.  I will look at it after church tommorrow.  Have to go to bed now, it's 2:30am here.  I'll see if I can help you tommorrow, promise.  Sonny

I have just about send you another PM, no idea why the first one refused to work. Your help is appreciated. Tomorrow is just fine. Thanks you are helping at all.
Regards,
Amit Karmakar
www.karmakars.com

sbpoole

• Contributor
Category
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2003, 09:35:40 am »

Amit, you can look at what I've done.  For some reason the batch-add would not let me add pictures to an album.  The upload function worked.  I suggest that when you FTP pictures to your server, you create a new folder under albums/userpics/foldername and chmod to 777, as it makes it easier to keep up with your albums, else everything goes into folder 10001.  You may have over edited some files to keep the batch-add from working.  Might try re-installing CPG.  It is possible to do what you want, but you will have to use the "upload" function as the batch-add don't work.  Let me know if I can help you further.  Sonny

sbpoole

• Contributor
Categories
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2003, 09:41:48 am »

BTW, all of your albums were in the category *My Gallery*.  As far as I can figure that category can't be changed.  Create new albums under a different category and then under the properties of the albums, the categories can then be changed to whatever categories that you have created.  Sonny

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2003, 09:42:48 am »

leave the user galleries alone (and when ftp-uploading/batch-adding don't use the folder "userpics" but the folder "albums" and any folders you can create within "albums"). The user galleries behave differently than the rest of coppermine.
I suggest not talking this over by pm, because there might be others interessted in this as well.

GauGau

amit

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Category
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2003, 09:52:54 am »

Amit, you can look at what I've done.  For some reason the batch-add would not let me add pictures to an album.  The upload function worked.  I suggest that when you FTP pictures to your server, you create a new folder under albums/userpics/foldername and chmod to 777, as it makes it easier to keep up with your albums, else everything goes into folder 10001.  You may have over edited some files to keep the batch-add from working.  Might try re-installing CPG.  It is possible to do what you want, but you will have to use the "upload" function as the batch-add don't work.  Let me know if I can help you further.  Sonny

Thanks Sonny,
In that case I will loose out a days work... but I might have to do so as u suggest. I have never been able to get the batch mode working right from the time I started using CPG. thanks for looking into it anyway. Appreciate your help.
Regards,
Amit Karmakar
www.karmakars.com

sbpoole

• Contributor
categories
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2003, 09:52:56 am »

Thanks for the input GauGau.  The only PM exchange was the admin login stuff.  I FTP all of my photos into albums/userpics/whatever and it works flawlessly so far.  I think I have 13 different folders with a total of about 1,500 pictures.  You might want to look at his site to see if you can figure the batch-add problem.  You can choose the folder, see the thumbnails, select the thumbs to add, and when you hit update, the next page where you get the confirmation of the additions, all you see is a broken image and nothing gets added, no error message.  Thanks, Sonny

amit

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2003, 09:55:36 am »

Quote from: "gaugau"
leave the user galleries alone (and when ftp-uploading/batch-adding don't use the folder "userpics" but the folder "albums" and any folders you can create within "albums"). The user galleries behave differently than the rest of coppermine.
I suggest not talking this over by pm, because there might be others interessted in this as well.

GauGau

GauGau

Will send you the login info in PM you might like to have a look at it as Sonny suggested. I can reset the whole thing and start from scratch too only that I will lose out a bit of time.
Regards,
Amit Karmakar
www.karmakars.com

sbpoole

• Contributor
categories
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2003, 09:59:43 am »

Amit, forgot to mention, you've got some funky symbols in the top left corner of your page.  When trying to batch-add pictures you get a broken image on the confirmation screen.  If you click on the broken image, it shows a blank page with nothing but the same funky symbols in the top left corner.  Sonny

amit

• Coppermine newbie
Re: categories
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2003, 10:03:52 am »

Amit, forgot to mention, you've got some funky symbols in the top left corner of your page.  When trying to batch-add pictures you get a broken image on the confirmation screen.  If you click on the broken image, it shows a blank page with nothing but the same funky symbols in the top left corner.  Sonny

Sonny,

Looks like more complex than I thought! Hmmm.....
having a look now... also sent a PM to GauGau with details if he can have a look.

Thanks for looking into it Sonny, one question though... you want me to hold on to the 'test Album' ?
Regards,
Amit Karmakar
www.karmakars.com

sbpoole

• Contributor
album
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2003, 04:16:58 pm »

You can get rid of the test album.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.