Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I get back home?  (Read 3346 times)

sbpoole

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
How do I get back home?
« on: November 08, 2003, 10:50:46 pm »

I've created 6 categories, some with multiple albums.  The problem is when I click on a category, I can see all of the albums that are supposed to be there and everything works great, but when I click on the "Album List" button, I am taken back to the same category of albums that I am already in.  How do I configure CPG so that when I click on the "Album List" button I am taken back to the home page where all 6 of the categories are shown.  Once I choose a particular category, I am confined to that category without being able to get back to the listing that appears on the home page.  Hope this makes sense.  My website is http://www.sonnypoole.com

Thanks for your help.

sbpoole

• Contributor
Worked it out
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2003, 11:39:40 pm »

I replaced the code for the "album list" button in the theme.php file with the following code:

<a href="index.php" title="back to the home page"><font color="#8080ff">Home Page</a>

Works like I want now.  

I really like CPG.

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
How do I get back home?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2003, 04:55:41 am »

what you really want is the breadcrumb block - see the docs
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

sbpoole

• Contributor
Documentation
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2003, 06:36:56 am »

I did look at the documentation.  I even did a ctl-f and searched for the term "breadcrumb" within the documentation.  I was not mentioned at all on the docs.  I did use the breadcrumb feature in conjunction with the "Home" button modification.  I didn't think the breadcrumb feature alone was enough.  It took me 3 looks at my own website before I even noticed the change after implementing it.  It kind of blends in with the other text on the page, so it is easy not to see it.  Thanks for your suggestions though.  I know you guys are busy, so I first try to resolve problems by searching the forum, but the forum is getting so large it is hard to comb through all of the search results to find some of the answers to specific problems.  Most of the time I can usually find the answers though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.