Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: converting from PS elements 3 keywords and web galleries  (Read 3285 times)

JohnWM

• Coppermine newbie
    • Pars pro photo, my webalbum
converting from PS elements 3 keywords and web galleries
« on: January 24, 2005, 02:48:18 pm »

I have been looking at Coppermine with very great interest. My main reason not to use it is that i manage all my photo's via PS Elements 3 (formerly PS album on winXP), and I am not very keen of getting an extra database to manage the same pics and kaywords all over again. (currently I have 10.000 photo's organised on my PC, 1000 of them being or have been displayed at my website in various galleries/albums). If I now just could reuse the keywords in PSE3 and convert my webgalleries... does anybody know how to reuse these keywords? (PSE3 uses a access like database, but uses  binairy fields to hide the keyword info, I have not been able to break this open myself to reuse it for other purposes...)

could somebody shed some ligth on this please?

JohnWM

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: converting from PS elements 3 keywords and web galleries
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 07:54:17 am »

issues posted in "feature requests" are meant to go into future versions of coppermine. What you're requesting will definitely not go into future versions of coppermine, and imo you're looking for a solution/answer now, not somewhere in the distant future, that's why I moved your posting to the support board.

Joachim

acsikos

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 02:48:23 am »

JohnWM,
Because the PS Elements use closed database format, there is very little chance to find a hack that export the keywords to XML file. But you can write out the tags/keywords into the IPTC metadata of the image files and this metadata (so the keywords/tags) can be extracted by CPG. You can find details about the PS Album database format here: http://www.robotbattle.com/psa/index.html

JohnWM

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 03:30:43 pm »

Dear,dear acsikos;

this has been the best forempost in years! these robotbattle files for psa are the thing i have been looking for for so long... a true boolean search posibitity!!! exporting exif info... this is a gods sent!!!!

be sure you have made at least one person on this planet happy today!

JohnWM

JohnWM

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 04:11:21 pm »

Unfortunatly it does not support pse3 only psa2 yet. But that will be a matter of time I hope. Atleast I a very near to wheat I have been looking for!

Jan Willlem

pnear

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
    • http://www.thenears.com
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 11:03:11 pm »

I have been looking at Coppermine with very great interest. My main reason not to use it is that i manage all my photo's via PS Elements 3 (formerly PS album on winXP), and I am not very keen of getting an extra database to manage the same pics and kaywords all over again. (currently I have 10.000 photo's organised on my PC, 1000 of them being or have been displayed at my website in various galleries/albums). If I now just could reuse the keywords in PSE3 and convert my webgalleries... does anybody know how to reuse these keywords? (PSE3 uses a access like database, but uses  binairy fields to hide the keyword info, I have not been able to break this open myself to reuse it for other purposes...)

could somebody shed some ligth on this please?

You shouldn't need to use any external engine to convert PSE3 tags for use on a web gallery.  From the organizer click "File... Write tag info to files", which will write out your tags to the IPTC section of your images.  On the coppermine side, ensure that you have IPTC support enabled on the config page (it's disabled by default) which will cause Coppermine to automatically import those tags, captions, etc. on upload.

I've just been playing with the dev version of Coppermine (not released yet) and there's some very cool things in there that you can now do with these keywords, including dynamic albums and clickable keywords in the search page.

Pete
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.