Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: 1.3.2 clean support for e107, with CVS edits  (Read 34965 times)

MrPete

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
NEW: 1.3.2 clean support for e107, with CVS edits
« on: January 24, 2005, 02:53:48 am »

Here's a very clean integration of e107 and Coppermine, with associated CVS changes. Please see attached zip, which is based on the current (stable) CVS. We've been running with these changes for several months.

You will find *two* files for each submitted change to any existing file:
   - the changed php (or sql or...) file
   - a like-named HTML file containing a diff report so you can see what was done

Here's a summary of the change(s):

bridge/* -- mostly the usual files. A few notes:
               -- e107.inc.php is almost identical to every other bridge module
               -- bridge/e107 is to be copied at setup time into the coppermine root. NONE of these files are replacements for
                  existing coppermine files. Two root files are required by e107. Others are placed in separate subdirectories.
                  -- bridge/e107/include/config.inc.php is a fixed/preconfigured config file; no need to do per-system setup!

themes/e107/* -- a universal theme that makes use of any current e107 theme

include/init.inc -- the usual UDB_INTEGRATION definition, and a one-line e107-specific change because e107 must always be initialized before coppermine.

include/functions.inc -- a tiny e107-specific change (line 143) controlled by UDB_INTEGRATION. (Note: other fixes and improvements are also in this module as noted elsewhere)

util -- a tiny e107-specific change (line 312, 324) controlled by UDB_INTEGRATION. (Note: other fixes and improvements are also in this module as noted elsewhere)

Hope this all makes sense! Feel free to get in touch w/ any questions.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 06:47:43 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: NEW: 1.3.2 clean support for e107, with CVS edits
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 10:44:03 pm »

omniscientdeveloper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 01:59:23 pm »

NOTE: This bridge file is NOT compatible with the next release (1.4).

@MrPete: Please take a look at the new bridge file structure. Once 1.4 is released, I'm sure you'll want to upgrade, if so, you'll have to convert your bridge file to the new format.

MrPete

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 07:17:20 am »

NOTE: This bridge file is NOT compatible with the next release (1.4).

@MrPete: Please take a look at the new bridge file structure. Once 1.4 is released, I'm sure you'll want to upgrade, if so, you'll have to convert your bridge file to the new format.

Just back from travels. Will take a look ASAP.

I also released an updated version of the 1.3.2 e107 integration. Users were having trouble with some of the Coppermine settings so I added a bunch of automated configuration and sanity checking, among other things.

TWO QUESTIONS:
1) You interested in a "final" clean e107 1.3.2 integration update?
2) Is anyone attempting to use 1.4 in production? Just wondering how cautious to be in my testing...

thx!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 10:46:22 am »

I've been using cpg1.4 for three months on my production site (personal homepage) but downgraded to cpg1.3.2 when there were issues/bugs with bridging to be worked on in the devel branch. I'd say it's pretty safe to use cpg1.4 in a production environment, at least for guys like you who know their way around and could easily roll back to cpg1.3.2 if things go wrong.
There are no severe changes in the overall db structure (when comparing cpg1.3.x and cpg1.4.x, the only thing you have to be carefull with is the md5-encryption of passwords in the db (for unbridged installs of cpg1.4.x): once you upgrade your db to use md5-encryption, you can't revert back to unencrypted passwords (without reseting all user passwords). As you're going to use a bridged install anyway, I'd say it's safe to upgrade to cpg1.4.x already - at least for you.
@all others who are observing this thread: please note that MrPete is a "power-user" who knows his way around in PHP; I wouldn't recommend an upgrade in a production environment for newbie user right now.

Joachim

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 10:55:06 am »

Also, do not include private albums in the gallery since the dev team is ironing out issues with permissions/access. So only use in production environment if you don't have anything you need to hide that can be seen by unauthorized parties.

Fluke

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 10:48:47 pm »

does this fix the user class issues. I have members of Family class that are unable to see family pic's.. I am using latest e107 and 1.3.2b

This doesn't fix the user class issue. I am running 1.3.2b and i used your updated files and still members of the family class cannot see the family only gallery... :(
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 10:56:19 pm by Fluke »

MonkeyManx

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 09:18:07 am »

Can I integrate e107 and keep my existing coppermine users?

Fluke

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 05:50:16 pm »

Coppermine and e107 do not work fully. As soon as you use userclass system your forums will not work in that security manner. I have about 5 classes of users, i set up some forums for some users only and yet, they can't see them. I went to use KIG, which isn't as good maybe but at least the userclass system works.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2005, 10:23:31 am »

when bridging coppermine with any other app, you lose all user that exist in your coppermine users table, as the app you bridge with takes over control (that's what bridging is all about). However, you won't lose pics, ratings or comments your users have posted, there's just no correlation any more between the files they used to upload and your new set of users (that are controlled by the bridging app like e107). It's safe to test bridging though, you can always go back by disabling bridging again.

Joachim

MonkeyManx

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 11:51:58 pm »

OK so after bridging will coppermine still keep tack of how many files each user has uploaded?

also does anyone know if e107 has a like manager thingy... Where users can submit links to other sites?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2005, 08:14:32 am »

OK so after bridging will coppermine still keep tack of how many files each user has uploaded?
yes, but the counter is starting from scratch when enabling bridging.

also does anyone know if e107 has a like manager thingy... Where users can submit links to other sites?
This is not related to coppermine, and we don't know.

Joachim

boytroy88

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 08:33:41 pm »

Was just wondering if Mr.Pete is still in the process of updating the e107 bridge.  I am also having problems with the permissions (userclasses) but the users were created under e107 so it's not the same problem as the others posted above....very similar with the sole exception that the users weren't created thru cpg.

mivola

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 11:25:36 am »

Hello,

I'd like to now if there is (or is going to be) a bridge file or a port of the new 1.4.x coppermine version to e107 (by MrPete)?
I'm sorry, if this is the wrong place for this question; I could also open a new thread in the cpg1.4.x forum.

Michael

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 08:56:20 am »

We have no idea about e107 nor if he or anybody else will create a port for cpg1.4.x, so there's no use in starting a new thread anywhere else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.