Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IMPROVEMENTS to 1.3.2: with CVS changes  (Read 5211 times)

MrPete

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
IMPROVEMENTS to 1.3.2: with CVS changes
« on: January 24, 2005, 02:40:24 am »

Here's a set of features we've added to Coppermine, with associated CVS changes. Please see attached zip, which is based on the current (stable) CVS. We've been running with these changes for several months.

Some of these are Bug Fixes, not new features, but it's mostly features... :)

Except for any new file(s), you will find *two* files for each submitted change:
   - the changed php (or sql or...) file
   - a like-named HTML file containing a diff report so you can see what was done

Here's a summary of the change(s):

admin - made user/admin mode switch confirmation optional

include/exifReader.inc -- added support for SUBJECTAREA tag; fixed COMMENT and WHITEBALANCE/WHITE_BALANCE support to match Exif spec (and actual camera data :)).

include/exif_php.inc -- Normalized support for *all* Exif tags: Provide clear text for them all, display all tags except for user-defined "ignore" set. Display (renamed) tags in alphabetical order. Fix DB bug -- add slashes to stored filenames.

displayimage -- make use of above info. Make upload-user/IP display optional (we have users who do not want their name and userid displayed for every viewer of every image!)

lang/*, sql/* -- configuration support for all of the above

Hope this all makes sense! Feel free to get in touch w/ any questions.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: IMPROVEMENTS to 1.3.2: with CVS changes
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 02:42:36 am »

Regarding user/IP - only admins see the IP addresses.  Your modification stops the Coppermine admin from seeing the user's IP?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

MrPete

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 04:51:43 am »

Regarding user/IP - only admins see the IP addresses.  Your modification stops the Coppermine admin from seeing the user's IP?

Y'got me there :)... THANK YOU! (I missed that because we have no interest in seeing any of that since our users are known...).

OK, I've fixed it now Admins always see everything; the option only controls whether normal users see username who uploaded a picture. See attached zip update. The lang/english-1.15.php file in this zip is now newer than the copy I uploaded for the safemode fix.

I now have two related questions:

1) Why would the userid and IP of the one uploaded a photo be listed in with the *album* name rather than the *file* name??? I do not understand the logic there.

2) In my experience, the two IP addresses listed are identical. When would they be different?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 06:54:57 am »

2) In my experience, the two IP addresses listed are identical. When would they be different?
I'm not fully sure, as I never pay attention to IP addresses - with dynamic IP addresses and address spoofing there's little point, but users like to see them anyway, it gives them a feeling of power - some think they could actually ban user or track them using IP addresses (which doesn't work in most cases). The reason for two IP addresses is imo only there if users are behind a proxy, sometimes the proxy address and the end user IP shine through differently, but basically you're right: I suggest we drop the two of them, or add a switch and only display two if they differ.

Joachim

Aditya Mooley

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • My Sweet Home
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 08:24:06 am »

admin - made user/admin mode switch confirmation optional

Cannot add as this is a feature and we are in feature freeze. Can be considered for 1.5

include/exifReader.inc -- added support for SUBJECTAREA tag; fixed COMMENT and WHITEBALANCE/WHITE_BALANCE support to match Exif spec (and actual camera data Smiley).

include/exif_php.inc -- Normalized support for *all* Exif tags: Provide clear text for them all, display all tags except for user-defined "ignore" set. Display (renamed) tags in alphabetical order. Fix DB bug -- add slashes to stored filenames.

CPG 1.4 has a new EXIF library so these modifications do not apply.

OK, I've fixed it now Admins always see everything; the option only controls whether normal users see username who uploaded a picture.

Again a new feature. Can be added to 1.5
--- "Its Nice 2 BE Important but its more Important 2 Be NICE" ---
Follow Coppermine on Twitter

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 08:34:47 am »

OK, moving this thread from "CPG 1.3 Testing/Bugs" to "Feature requests  |  Scheduled for cpg1.5.x" then.

Joachim

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 08:52:03 am »

Hm, this thread is very old, most of it doesn't apply or has already been done. Moving from "Scheduled for cpg1.5.x" to the feature requests board. Not sure though if it needs further looking into - in fact, it deals with many different items and therefor is hard to track.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.