Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnails sizing -- Corrected  (Read 3164 times)

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
Thumbnails sizing -- Corrected
« on: January 20, 2005, 10:15:20 am »

I was wondering if a feature like this could be implemented easily. I don't think it's a bug per se, but rather implementation; needless to say I'll post it here in the support forum and let the dev gods move it to where they deem fit. :-)

Currently there are two places in the config where you can specify thumbnail dimensions.

1.) Album List View -> Size of Thumbnail in Pixels
2.) Files and thumbnails settings -> Max dimension of a thumbnail

I've had many requests from customers wanting album thumbnails (the one thumbnail associated with an album) to be one size say 128px and photo thumbnails (the thumbnails of photos within an album) to be of a different size say 256px. After setting 1.) to 128px and 2.) to 256px, this objective was reached; however, the thumbnails within the album itself sized at 256px were very grainy because the actual thumbnail file itself is 128px and thus grainy after being stretched to 256px. Wheh that was a long sentance :-)

Proposal:
Have CPG take the greater of the two numbers from 1.) and 2.) and create thumbnails from those. This way if 1.) = 2.) everything works. If 1.) > 2.) it would be left to the browser to scale down the image (okay it works not the best... but better than scaling up). If 2.) > 1.) (Again up to browser to scale down).

Yes / No / Maybe So

--OmegaGOD
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 05:29:28 pm by donnoman »
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Thumbnails sizing -- Corrected
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 05:33:03 pm »

well, from what you described, new thumbs would be created at the higher figure anyway.

It is the '2.) Files and thumbnails settings -> Max dimension of a thumbnail' that coppermine uses when it creates the thumbs.

The reason they look grainy, is because the thumbs already in the albums then need to be re-made, using the admin tools.
The setting 'Album List View -> Size of Thumbnail in Pixels' is only used to display the thumbnails, whatever actual size they are.  As long as you understand this, there should be no problems.

So I think your request is invalid.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
Re: Thumbnails sizing -- Corrected
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 11:55:49 am »

So I think your request is invalid.

Yep. you are right. I just had to go to the admin tools and recreate the thumbnails. Apparently I had a brian-fart. It would make sense that I would have to re-create the thumbnails after changing there size. Okay I guess it's time for the tar and feathers :-)

--OmegaGOD
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.