Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Coppermine on a homepage.  (Read 3222 times)

Andorin

• Coppermine newbie
Using Coppermine on a homepage.
« on: January 22, 2005, 11:52:23 pm »

I hope I posted this in the right forum.
Aight, I installed Coppermine gallery on my host and it seems like it's working fine. Anyway, the gallery is a part of my homepage, and I think it would be nice if I could have the gallery in the page, if you know what I mean. The page is created in HTML, and I have a logo, a navigation menu to left, and a submeny to right. The gallery should be between the menus, inside the page, where the content is.

www.spilldev.net

Here's the page. I am also using a php-include script, so I don't have to copy the html-code to each page. So I wondered, can't I make a new theme to my gallery, and put the
<?php include ('http://www.spilldev.net/header.php'); ?> somewhere in a file, so it will work? I don't know, but how should I do this? If anyone understand what I mean.. =\
I created a new folder to a theme, which is a copy of the classic Coppermine gallery skin. So somewhere in there I should edit a file, right? What to do?
Thanks in advance for help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Using Coppermine on a homepage.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 09:21:51 am »

including a full-flavoured html head section is not recommended, as coppermine already creates a header, so you would be creatiing it twice, resulting in a non-standards compliant output that is bound to confuse browsers. To make coppermine blend nicely into the look of your homepage, you're recommended to make the theme match the overall look of your website. Edit your theme accordingly. If you want to actually use a php include, you will have to modify the pageheader and pagefooter functions (this can be tricky and is not recommended for nebwies) - this has been discussed often already, search the board for "custom header" or "custom footer".

Joachim

Andorin

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 02:03:19 pm »

including a full-flavoured html head section is not recommended, as coppermine already creates a header, so you would be creatiing it twice, resulting in a non-standards compliant output that is bound to confuse browsers. To make coppermine blend nicely into the look of your homepage, you're recommended to make the theme match the overall look of your website. Edit your theme accordingly. If you want to actually use a php include, you will have to modify the pageheader and pagefooter functions (this can be tricky and is not recommended for nebwies) - this has been discussed often already, search the board for "custom header" or "custom footer".

Joachim

Hm, I won't actually say I'm a newbie in stuff like this..=\  I have a lot of experience with php, html, css and editing files (I have fixed a lot of problems, mods and stuff in forums). But I don't know if I will make it in the Coppermine. Do you think you can tell me which files to edit, and what to edit? Where in the code do I remove the headers and footers, and replace them with my own? Editing a style so all the links, borders and tables will have my colors won't be a problem. But I don't know where to edit and what to edit to fix pageheader and pagefooter.

Thanks in advance!  ;)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 03:42:32 pm »

did you search as I suggested?

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.