Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to start modifying hardwired?  (Read 3810 times)

Slater

• Coppermine newbie
Where to start modifying hardwired?
« on: January 22, 2005, 08:50:11 pm »

I know you guys have answered this question a million times and I read the FAQ, but being a php newbie I am in need of help.

I got the style sheet the way I want it.  Now I just need the images right.  I'm even too afraid to attempt any change in code and screw it up.

Here is what I have done so far: http://www.christianadams.com/cpg132/index.php

Now I just need help making the gallery look like the rest of my site with respect to navigation in the "header" and "footer".
http://www.christianadams.com

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions from a newbie who needs to be hit over the head with a PHP for dummies book.

jmc

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • http://www.hartlepoolcameraclub.co.uk
Re: Where to start modifying hardwired?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 09:30:21 pm »

Hi, Christian!
Couple of quick tips: The buttons are mainly made up of 3 gifs - button_left, button_right, and button_centre ("Hardwired" buttons expand with the length of the button title, they are not by default fixed-size). There are a few different "looks" for the gifs (depending on whether they are "admin" buttons etc etc.). Check the images folder for all of the variations and simply over-write with new gifs. No "coding" required! That's the way I play with 'em ;D
Also... hw_01 (header image) and hw_03 (footer image) are 778px wide. As you probably realise, they need to be re-sized for your layout, and the table widths in the template adjusted to suit.
Hope this helps some!
John Mc
I'm trying hard... at least!

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 10:03:53 pm »

Hi, I've done a quick play using your source code.

Try replacing your theme template.html with this.  You will have to change the extension from txt.
not tested as I don't have your images, and the image urls may need adjusting
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Slater

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 04:09:57 pm »

Thanks Casper.  I tried it, but the formating is off.  Hmm I will see what I can do to make it work, but let me know what/if there is anything else to do.  It also seems to be messing up the javascript.

Also how do I hide the upload menu from visitors, but so I can still upload my files from the browser?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 04:33:42 pm by Slater »

jmc

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • http://www.hartlepoolcameraclub.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 04:59:30 pm »

Hi!
That should be as simple as setting "Allow new registrations" to "No" in Config. You would obviously see it when you log in as Admin.
John Mc
I'm trying hard... at least!

Slater

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 05:13:10 pm »

Ok.  Thanks JMC.  I amd trying to work with the html with limited success.  I'll keep plugin away.  Grrr.  I've almost got the "header" right, but I'm missing the border image and everything seems to be shifted to the right rather than being center.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 05:23:16 pm by Slater »

snork13

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Internet! Is that thing still around?
    • Gallery
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 05:24:16 pm »

slater,

in your theme.php you may wish to comment out some of the buttons and get them all in one line by removing the </br>

you can also center the main gallery in template.html

some of your links are incorrect on the top menu (gallery home index is .php not .html)

all is very easy to fix, hope I have helped

snork13

Slater

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2005, 05:33:03 pm »

Thanks for the link help snork.  If I am the only one seeing the buttons they don't bother me.  Are you guys seeing the default hardwired buttons?  The gallery is still not lining up correctly with the rest of my site.

snork13

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Internet! Is that thing still around?
    • Gallery
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 05:39:10 pm »

Thanks for the link help snork.  If I am the only one seeing the buttons they don't bother me.  Are you guys seeing the default hardwired buttons?  The gallery is still not lining up correctly with the rest of my site.

ok, i see...you have 2 places to adjust the top_nav menu.

first is in the theme.php (where you can fix alignment, comment out links, add links, and <br> to get the link on different lines)
second is in template.html (where you can center the nav_menu)

I pm'ed you
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.