Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Main_Menu1 Positioning  (Read 4163 times)

rvblog

• Coppermine regular visitor
Main_Menu1 Positioning
« on: January 22, 2005, 07:45:06 pm »

I'm trying to move Main_Menu1 ( the menu for: my gallery, users, upload file, login, logout, etc ).

I want to move it from the top of the table to the bottom of the table, either above, or below the words "powered by Coppermine Photo Gallery"

My reasoning for the move:

I'm trying to move the "image viewer" as close to the top of the table as posible so that people don't have to always use the scroll bar on the right to scroll down a little bit everytime they want to view the next picture.

I tried to move the menu tag inside the template but with no success.

When you visit my website you will see that the menu does not appear at the bottom.

This appears:
Code: [Select]
{MAIN_MENU1} in place of the menu.

Can anyone suggest a way to work this out ??

I've included a text file of my template to show what I attempted to do.

And here is the page to view what I'm talking about:

http://www.rvadventure.ca/photos/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=0

Notice the menu tag just below the coppermine credits

I would appreciate any suggestions

Thanks

« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 09:54:31 pm by GauGau »

rvblog

Re: Main_Menu1 Positioning
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 07:55:32 pm »

Actuallly, now that I think of it,

It would probably be even better if I could move both Main_Menu1 and Main_Menu2 to the bottom.

This would move the "image viewer" even closer to the top.

Then, if people want to use the menu items, then they could scroll down to the bottom the odd time when they need to.

So, if someone could suggest a way to do both;

1) Move Main_Menu1

and

2) Move Main_Menu1 and Main_Menu2

That would really help me finish my restructuring.

Thanks again.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 08:46:32 pm »

You will have to follow the same principles as used when creating a menu on the right side.  See this part of the faq, http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php#rightHandMenu

Then you will be able to move the menus to below the {GALLERY} placeholder in the template.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

rvblog

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 09:50:47 pm »

Thanks Casper,

It worked great - now I just need to style the buttons later.

ps - I'm sure I read that section of the faq before, but I may have read it too quickly concentrating more on the word "bottom" instead of paying more attention to the words "right side".

Anyways, thanks again.

skypix

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 07:05:04 pm »

Hi Casper; 
Thanks for all the help you give on this board.
Newbie here, and I tried doing the mod listed here in this thread but it busted the code; I don't know enough about php. 

I modified the eyeball theme to get this:  http://www.skypix7.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=0

but along the way I lost my ability to log back in.  When I mouseover the home logo, nothing pops up.  I just can't make enough sense out of the FAQ or other posts I've read on the forum to know what to do.  Also, when I click on Album list, it doesn't show my two albums. 

Would sure appreciate some help!  Ideally, I'd like to have the logo you see there instead of the stock eyeball graphics, and the menu bar buttons at the top and the info on the right.  I'll be uploading smaller intermediate pix too to crunch the vertical space.

thanks
Jim

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 09:06:28 pm »

I see you've changed the theme for now.  It looks to me like you don't have 'catlist' or 'alblist' in the contents of main page set in config.

In the eyeball theme, and all that use mouseovers to display parts of the menu, you will have to remove the mouseover element if you want to seperate them in this way.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

skypix

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 12:29:13 am »

Hmmm...I think I must have screwed up breadcrumbs in config.

I checked out your site, cool.  I used to have an '82 Goldwing 1100.  Rattling around the local country roads (well, in summer anyway) on a Suzuki 650 GS shaft drive now, overhauling it for fun.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.