Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eyeball Theme: How to have the hidden "login register" menu -always- visible?  (Read 8345 times)

cnymike

• Coppermine newbie

In the Eyeball Theme, the Register Login menu is hidden until you mouse-over the home.gif icon. How can I modify the code to prevent this behavior? I would like the login menu to always be visible.

It looks like it's using javascript to accomplish that and I don't know  much about using javascript.

Thanks.

Michael
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 09:50:21 pm by GauGau »

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray

in eyeballs template.html
remove this entire section:
Code: [Select]
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">
<!--
function MM_findObj(n, d) { //v4.01
  var p,i,x;  if(!d) d=document; if((p=n.indexOf("?"))>0&&parent.frames.length) {
    d=parent.frames[n.substring(p+1)].document; n=n.substring(0,p);}
  if(!(x=d[n])&&d.all) x=d.all[n]; for (i=0;!x&&i<d.forms.length;i++) x=d.forms[i][n];
  for(i=0;!x&&d.layers&&i<d.layers.length;i++) x=MM_findObj(n,d.layers[i].document);
  if(!x && d.getElementById) x=d.getElementById(n); return x;
}

function MM_showHideLayers() { //v6.0
  var i,p,v,obj,args=MM_showHideLayers.arguments;
  for (i=0; i<(args.length-2); i+=3) if ((obj=MM_findObj(args[i]))!=null) { v=args[i+2];
    if (obj.style) { obj=obj.style; v=(v=='show')?'visible':(v=='hide')?'hidden':v; }
    obj.visibility=v; }
}
//-->
</script>
and Remove visibility:hidden; from the following:
<div id="Menu1" style="position:absolute; width:780px; height:30px; z-index:1; left: 22px; top: 47px; visibility: hidden;">

In eyeballs theme.php

in $template_main_menu2

remove all of the occurances of
onMouseOver="MM_showHideLayers('Menu1','','hide')and
onMouseOver="MM_showHideLayers('Menu1','','show')

cnymike

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks for the help. One further question though...

Would it be a good idea to comment out that section of code, instead of removing it, in case I change my mind later?

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray

Just make a copy of eyeball and call it something else like eyelid ;) make the changes to the copy.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

If you do what Donnoman suggested, you will have to make sure every url in the theme.php, template.html and style.css that is currently at 'themes/eyeball/...' is also changed.(unless you have both folders on your server)

Commenting out is fine.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

skypix

• Coppermine novice

Casper, not sure what you mean by "every url in the theme.php, template.html and style.css that is currently at 'themes/eyeball/..."  which URLs do you mean in those files?

thanks for your help

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

if you make a theme called 'skypix' which is a copy of the theme called 'eyeball' then the images etc in the new theme will be at the location 'themes/skypix/images/.....', so you will have to change every reference in the template.html, theme.php, and style.css, that refers to 'themes/eyeball' to themes/skypix'.

If you don't, either the effects of the theme will still use the eyeball pics and css, if the theme exists in the themes folder, or they will be missing if it doesn't.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

skypix

• Coppermine novice

Gotcha, thanks a lot

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.